Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Hi-Lo's for sale Selling a Hi-Lo or links to Hil-Lo's for sale

Old 05-06-2017, 08:03 AM   #1

Default 1972 HiLo

buffalo.craigslist.org/rvs/6119166102.html

Just came across this post and I thought I'd share it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00o0o_5TSQqZmzuHx_600x450.jpg (43.6 KB, 39 views)

Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 05:06 PM   #2

that's a nice looking camper Tom. like to have it nothing to pull it with tho and couldn't afford it anyways. LOL why did they make those tandems? are those that heavy. I guess gvwr is rated for gear and all huh? also something that has been puzzling me. why do trailer tires wear so easy and always go out and blow ,way more than car tires? even with 6 or 9 ply tires, and lots of air?
is it the weight being towed that causes this or the tracking of the trailer behind the tow vehicle?
I always been wondering this for awhile?

maestro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 05:18 PM   #3

I don't know anything about it. I ran across it on Craigslist and thought I'd share it. I'd like to buy it myself but nowhere to store it.
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 07:36 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro123 View Post
that's a nice looking camper Tom. like to have it nothing to pull it with tho and couldn't afford it anyways. LOL why did they make those tandems? are those that heavy. I guess gvwr is rated for gear and all huh? also something that has been puzzling me. why do trailer tires wear so easy and always go out and blow ,way more than car tires? even with 6 or 9 ply tires, and lots of air?
is it the weight being towed that causes this or the tracking of the trailer behind the tow vehicle?
I always been wondering this for awhile?
I'm not positive about an answer, but I would think it is because trailer tires cannot be aligned like car or truck tires. The tires can be balanced, but that is it. If the axle is not square with the trailer frame on both sides of the trailer, the tires would wear unevenly. Just my thoughts, no expert on the subject.
1999 21T Tow Lite
Garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 09:12 PM   #5

makes sense. never thought of that. I have 2 slightly bent rims on mine but they balance ok and the very slight bend is on the beads. so idk whats gonna happen the guy who mounted them said they should be fine ,not that major. shoot i'm already paying round 83 a month for 2 small units, and my camper is 17 month. only 15' but they got 20 ' min shes givivn me a break on that.
maestro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:41 AM   #6

The reason is... they're heavy. my '69 is only a 20footer, meaning the cabin is actually 16foot, and it weighs 4500lbs I think. That vintage has a 2x4 steel frame, and the wall studs are also metal. Makes them very heavy, but they last forever.
guitarman023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 10:07 PM   #7

looks like my trailer! I just got it last week need owner smanual for it anybody know of one? Gchogan

gchogan is offline   Reply With Quote