Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Hi-Lo's for sale Selling a Hi-Lo or links to Hil-Lo's for sale

Old 05-02-2016, 06:53 AM   #1

Default 1994 Towlite 5th wheel

We recently inherited a 94 Towlite 5th wheel camper. Unfortunately my Nissan Titan has a 5.5' box and the 5th wheel is not something I can tow. This one does need some work. It has been sitting since 2011. Interior is very nice. The original owners too very good care of it until she went into a nursing home and then it sat. The roof leaks and two places in the sidewalls will need repair. There are Knicks and scrapes on the outside as well from use. We pulled it 60 miles home and it pulls great. Brakes and lights all work. Bearings and tires are good as well.

No idea what its worth so make me an offer and it might be yours. If it doesn't sell I'll start working on it but if rather just let someone more skilled than I am take it.

Phone: 920-210-8183
Located near Madison, WI

Thanks,
Mike

Skykarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 02:04 PM   #2

Can't tow with 5.5 box? I didn't know that. I have a Titan myself. Too bad, that is a very cool trailer.

edited:
But- it turns out if you are really in love with it- you could try this.

https://www.etrailer.com/faq-sidewinder.aspx

Rick

2010 Nissan Titan king cab SE
4x4
hilltool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:00 PM   #3

The axle is too close to the cab. To install the 5th wheel hitch, it needs to be centered over the axle. Taking measurements, the trailer would hit the cab when I turn. Otherwise is keep the trailer and fix it. It was my aunts and she bought it new. We camped with them for years and she gave it to us but it just want work. Hope someone can use it.
Old 05-04-2016, 01:13 PM   #4

Update. I pulled the wall board off the areas that were wet. The structure underneath is surprisingly still in decent shape with only a couple small areas that are only a little soft. The structure is still all there and in tact. The lift system is working good but the right rear needs a little help to fully extend. Otherwise it goes up and down fine. It has an aluminum roof that's still in good shape. I can see where some caulk has shrunk along a couple of the seams - assuming that's the leak point. I will caulk those areas this week. The interior is in very good shape overall. The floor, bed, and dinette have all been covered with blankets since new and show very very little wear. I haven't tested all of the appliances yet but they were all working when it was parked.

If someone can use this or has time to do the work to fix the problem spots, make me an offer. I have the 5th wheel hitch available as well - just need to pull it out of her truck.

Thanks.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:04 PM   #5
sam

Default HiLo 5th wheel for sale.

If you could post pictures it would help your sale. Be sure to include pictures of the water damaged area.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 03:00 PM   #6

Have you checked into an articulated hitch? These have been developed for trucks with the short beds and will allow you to pull a 5th wheel.
raagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 09:07 PM   #7

I did see those and wondered if one would work. If it doesn't go to someone else, I may look into that option. I have 3 kids though and this one only has one bed and a dinette so we would prefer a little more room. I need to get back out and take some pictures of the interior and hopefully someone handy wants to take the project on. Its not too bad but I'm not an expert at these campers.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:39 AM   #8

Defenitely get some pictures and post . They may not be as hot an item up here in Wisconsin as they are elsewhere in the country but they are definitely unique and it would be a shame to see one ( fith wheel hi-lo) go to waste or junk. Sometimes it takes awhile to move them but they do eventually move if they are in repairable condition. Jerry's camping in Madison was the dealer for years. You might check with them to see if they know of anybody with interest. good luck

rick

4x4
Old 05-06-2016, 09:47 PM   #9

Already talked to Jerry. That's where it came from originally and they know it well. They didn't know anyone that would want it. Ill try to get some pictures this weekend. Thanks.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:47 PM   #10
sam

Default Repairing 5th wheel

We weren't experts,but did extensive water damage repair on our 25ft. HiLo. Maybe you could repair it and get more $ on resell.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:20 PM   #11

Possibly. I'm not real experienced in repairing these. If I don't get any interest, I may give it a try. If I can't fix it, scrap yard will get it. Would rather find someone who wants to fix it up. These are evidently pretty rare.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:22 PM   #12

How to separate the top from the bottom? All the damage is in the top.
Old 05-07-2016, 09:41 AM   #13

Many posts on this. Basically, you must jack up all four corners of the top and disconnect cables . This likely involves disconnecting some wires inside as well as removing guide rails. I haven't done it yet though I plan to this summer in order to replace a bulb seal. In general it appears to be pretty do-able but labor and time intensive. Unless there is extensive damage in lower section of top or , actually, top section of the bottom---I don't know as you would have to separate them.

Rick

4x4
Old 05-08-2016, 08:34 PM   #14

Default pictures

Finally made it back out to take pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0844.JPG (115.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0851.JPG (104.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0852.JPG (108.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0843.JPG (92.4 KB, 16 views)
Old 05-08-2016, 08:37 PM   #15

Pictures - part 2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0855.JPG (85.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0850.JPG (103.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0848.JPG (100.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0846.JPG (88.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0845.JPG (95.6 KB, 9 views)
Old 05-09-2016, 06:49 AM   #16
Site Team

With some time and a few $$, it would become a great 5th wheel again! definitely salvageable. Best of luck, and take your time to do it right. Plenty of useful info on this site.
One reason I like this site is because you can get answers quickly. On many other forums, it may take days to get answers
Tree
Bonita Springs, Fl. &
Andrews, NC
Treeclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:26 PM   #17

I would still rather see it go to someone with more interest in doing the work. I'm really not that interested in taking this on right now. Just hoping someone can use it before it goes on Craigslist.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:18 PM   #18
sam

Default 5th wheel for sale

Post it on Craigs list and see what kind of a response you get.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:33 AM   #19

What an awesome trailer! Someone will want it! Please don't send it to the scrap yard. They are so rare, someone will want it!
Wannafishmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 12:38 PM   #20

Haven't had much interest yet. Wish it would go to someone who can fix it. Other than the water damage to the walls, it's a nice camper. I am open to offers. Scrap yard will give me $300 for it but I'll hold out for a while. It's just too big of a project for me.