Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Trading Post > Hi-Lo's for sale
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Hi-Lo's for sale Selling a Hi-Lo or links to Hil-Lo's for sale

Old 02-01-2015, 11:22 AM   #1

Default Selling 1973 HiLo (Houston, TX - $2,900

Have a 1973 HiLo I bought when I was 16 back in the '90's. Thing has been on countless trips and has been a blast to use. The hydraulics work great, the AC blows cold, the fridge works, and the stove works.

The reason I am selling it is because I brought it down to Texas from Ohio. Upon being down here not even one week, some idiot (or idiots) broke into it and took the water pump and looked like they were trying to strip the copper water pipes out. So, in short, it does not have working water right now. Everything worked great up until that point. I priced out a tank at $55 from PPL and a pump for $65. I just don't feel like putting the time and effort into fixing it now. It's time to move on. Has a fresh set of tires on it with approximately 1,200 miles on them. I get about 16.0 - 16.5 MPG when I tow it with my ecoboost F-150; not really bad at all.

I took some exterior shots before my camera battery died, I will get interior shots tomorrow evening. No leaks, always caulk it every summer.

I want to sell it on here first because I think a HiLo enthusiast should have first dibs before I try selling it on classifieds or RV Trader. I'm going to start looking for a 28 ft HiLo now I think. If it lasts me as long as this 1973 did trouble free, it will be a great investment.

fox1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 04:27 PM   #2

Old 02-04-2015, 08:35 AM   #3

"The reason I am selling it is because I brought it down to Texas from Ohio. Upon being down here not even one week, some idiot (or idiots) broke into it and took the water pump and looked like they were trying to strip the copper water pipes out."

Wow, now I've heard it all! Sad, but people will steal just about anything it seems. Looks like a wonderful classic old gal which I'm sure you will have no trouble selling. Good luck!
Luckydog671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 09:06 AM   #4

I'll put on here also, "Best Reasonable Offer". Going to place it on Craigslist/RV Trader in a couple days.
Old 03-23-2015, 08:55 PM   #5

Default Q

Hi. Is your hi lo still for sale?
RobH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:07 AM   #6

That's about right...welcome to Houston.
misfit429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 05:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
Hi. Is your hi lo still for sale?
Yes, I have an interested buyer who is coming to look at it on Sunday. Pending his interest, it is still for sale.