Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Trading Post > Other stuff wanted
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Other stuff wanted Looking for something for your Hi-Lo? let us know.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:45 PM   #1

Default Help replace 78's awning

I have a 1978 -21' Bon Voyage mod. # 2278-R & would like to buy a used, original Hi-Lo awning in fairly good condition .One that permanently mounts to the upper wall of the camper ,cranks out & secures to the side during travel.The ones you can buy new from the new hi-lo parts are not the same as the originals (i asked) and cost over a $ grand $.I see some Hi-Lo's for sale that want less for the whole camper.I was wondering if somebody out there that's selling their Hi-Lo would be willing to part with the awning separate ,i would be willing to talk a reasonable price for the awning & of course plus shipping.

FHILO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:55 PM   #2
sam

Default awning replacement

Just a thought,until you are able to locate a replacement awning maybe you could use an easy up shelter. This would be cost effective and they frequently go on sale this time of year. If you have the poles maybe an awning shop could make a replacement fabric awning for you. If you have this done in their slow season(winter),perhaps you could get a lower price.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:17 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHILO View Post
I have a 1978 -21' Bon Voyage mod. # 2278-R & would like to buy a used, original Hi-Lo awning in fairly good condition .One that permanently mounts to the upper wall of the camper ,cranks out & secures to the side during travel.The ones you can buy new from the new hi-lo parts are not the same as the originals (i asked) and cost over a $ grand $.I see some Hi-Lo's for sale that want less for the whole camper.I was wondering if somebody out there that's selling their Hi-Lo would be willing to part with the awning separate ,i would be willing to talk a reasonable price for the awning & of course plus shipping.
I think you might be talking about a box enclosed awning, check out the website Carefree of Colorado, model freedom wall mount. I have this style on my towlite. They use these on slide in truck campers. Hope this helps.
w/ 98 chevy Powervision towing mirrors
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 v8 (replaces Toyota)
2 Hobie mirage pedal drive kayaks
campthewestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote