Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Curious about Hi-Lo Campers? Thinking about buying a Hi-Lo camper, curious, have questions? Ask them here

Old 08-12-2011, 11:19 PM   #1

Default Building a Hi-Lo from scratch

I have a 12 ft travel trailer frame and all the tanks and fixtures. I need a light trailer that will sleep 6 and have designed it all but cannot find anything on how the sides seal and slide up and down. I would use a manual jack system using cargo jacks if possible. Can anyone give me any info on how to build the sides?

wildhorse4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:34 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to PopRichie77

A 12 ft trailer would be full of nothing but beds if it were to sleep six. The lift system is simple in design but complicated in actual construction. Look in the library in this fourm most manuals have a pic of the lift system cable design all Hi-Lo use the same design.

(2209T) - 2009 22' TowLite
(2510 ) - 2010 25'
PopRichie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:46 AM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to sting32

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhorse4x4 View Post
I have a 12 ft travel trailer frame and all the tanks and fixtures. I need a light trailer that will sleep 6 and have designed it all but cannot find anything on how the sides seal and slide up and down. I would use a manual jack system using cargo jacks if possible. Can anyone give me any info on how to build the sides?
I just wanted to chime in here, as I know I can barely sleep 2 (and have room to do anything else like changing clothes let alone having more than one person in the trailer at a time, lol) and that's in a 16ft long feather light V-nose. But, that is trying to sleep and keep everything inside (except coolers) if there is bad weather. Course we're 2 full sized adults. I have 1 set of bunk beds, and you know I have to have room to set up in bed, so there are only 2 bunks, some children might get by with less, I guess.

But then you need places for clothing and gear, I just can not see this on a 12 ft scale, lol. Unless you have plans to make sides and or fronts expand a lot when you arrive and setup?

I even bought a tent room addition that goes on the rear ramp door, to get more room when you dont want to be outside, at night or cold weather. making the trailer effectively 21ft, when setup. I have stopped developing this setup since I bought my Hilo toybox 5th wheel...
Old 08-15-2011, 01:31 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to PopRichie77

I don't know why you would want to built a unit like that, many people fine old HI-Lo trailers for 3 or 400.00, some in good shape, with only some repairs needed this seems like a much better way to go.
(2209T) - 2009 22' TowLite
(2510 ) - 2010 25'
PopRichie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:25 PM   #5

Default I want to build one

I have all the parts and have it all laid out and got most of it figured out but the seal and slides
wildhorse4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote