Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Curious about Hi-Lo Campers? Thinking about buying a Hi-Lo camper, curious, have questions? Ask them here

Old 11-03-2010, 01:56 PM   #1

Smile Considering Purchase - Need HELP!

I've been interested in the Hi-Lo since I found out about them. The concept is great! I can't really afford a new one, and am looking at an older 88 Funchaser 22L model. Can anyone tell me what the standard features are in these older models so I can pull accurate pricing from NADA? I've tried getting prices with no boxes checked and get around $800 which seems low. I add items that I think are standard but I don't know where to stop or what to check. Is A/C, furnace, water heater, holding tank, flushing toilet, and AC converter always installed? Thanks for clearing me up!

Dewey1384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:16 PM   #2

The A/C would have been an option as well as an awning if it has one, the other items you listed would be standard. The overall condition of the trailer can swing the price quite a bit. Look for water stains inside on the ceiling and walls, the condition of the roof, the tires, the floor, any bowing of the side walls, and above all how the lift system works. If all looks well there could be a premium price tag on it.

RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:02 AM   #3

Thanks for the information! They're asking $2000 but advised there was a leak into the bathroom area. I haven't actually seen it yet. Thanks again!
Old 11-04-2010, 11:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey1384 View Post
I've been interested in the Hi-Lo since I found out about them. The concept is great! I can't really afford a new one, and am looking at an older 88 Funchaser 22L model. Can anyone tell me what the standard features are in these older models so I can pull accurate pricing from NADA? I've tried getting prices with no boxes checked and get around $800 which seems low. I add items that I think are standard but I don't know where to stop or what to check. Is A/C, furnace, water heater, holding tank, flushing toilet, and AC converter always installed? Thanks for clearing me up!
I purchased my first hi-lo about 5 years ago, I searched for 3 years for the price and distance I wanted to travel. I have a 97 21 towlite. Over the years I have done many upgrades and repaired different items. The size is just right for getting into smaller campgrounds.

Look at items that you can live without. (I didn't need the oven option because I BBQ . even in the rain.

Check out the rest of the forum, were here to help fellow hi-loers. The towing section has ; battery charging while towing. Since the refrigerator runs on 12 volt during towing, I had to upgrade my charging system.
w/ 98 chevy Powervision towing mirrors
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 v8 (replaces Toyota)
2 Hobie mirage pedal drive kayaks
campthewestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:38 AM   #5

Wink Follow-up

Thanks Les & Rich, I do have a follow up question. I have been reading and looking for a unit to purchase. I really want to get a HiLo even though they have gone out of business. I think they will come back! That said, I have a question about their values. When I look them up in NADA and look at the asking prices, there is quite a gap! Can anyone explain what's going on there? I really want one, but I can't afford to get fleeced either. Thanks again!
Old 11-08-2010, 08:07 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey1384 View Post
Thanks Les & Rich, I do have a follow up question. I have been reading and looking for a unit to purchase. I really want to get a HiLo even though they have gone out of business. I think they will come back! That said, I have a question about their values. When I look them up in NADA and look at the asking prices, there is quite a gap! Can anyone explain what's going on there? I really want one, but I can't afford to get fleeced either. Thanks again!
In my area, it's the demand ( Hi-Lo's are rare in my area) Look for good deal.
w/ 98 chevy Powervision towing mirrors
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 v8 (replaces Toyota)
2 Hobie mirage pedal drive kayaks
campthewestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:15 AM   #7

It's like looking at the last red car that will ever be made that is sitting on the lot and you have your heart set on only red. Six other people looking at it are just like you. You will pay a premium price to get it.

RichR is offline   Reply With Quote