Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Curious about Hi-Lo Campers? Thinking about buying a Hi-Lo camper, curious, have questions? Ask them here

Old 01-14-2019, 08:47 AM   #1

Default Front window cover

My front window has a plastic cover that is cracked on the corners. Where can I get a replacement.?

Nadine lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:06 AM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine lucas View Post
My front window has a plastic cover that is cracked on the corners. Where can I get a replacement.?
You can find Hi-Lo specific parts at the links below.

Home - JR REPAIR

https://hilotrailerparts.webs.com/

RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 06:05 PM   #3

If it s the front window rock shield and can't find a replacement you could have a sheetmetal shop fabricate one or repair it with fiberglass and repaint
With the full front plastic panel I would repair with fiberglass on both front and back and paint
w/ 98 chevy Powervision towing mirrors
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 v8 (replaces Toyota)
2 Hobie mirage pedal drive kayaks
campthewestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 10:52 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by campthewestcoast View Post
If it s the front window rock shield and can't find a replacement you could have a sheetmetal shop fabricate one or repair it with fiberglass and repaint
With the full front plastic panel I would repair with fiberglass on both front and back and paint
Les, et all - I've had good luck just stop drilling the ends of the cracks to stop the propagation.

But, I've just had an idea. I THINK the plastic things on HiLos are ABS, and if so, could be reinforced with ABS glue and fiberglass cloth, much in the way I, and some others have repaired leaks where the emptying pipes connect to the black and grey water tanks.

I suspect if I'm right, that would be a stronger repair than using the Bondo material that is part of a typical fiberglass kit. It would be easy to test ABS glue on the rear of the panel to see if it bonds.

- Jack
Old 01-16-2019, 07:06 AM   #5
Site Team

Nadine, Welcome to the forum. I also had cracks and a long one at the edge of the hinge. I used the same size aluminum as the hinge and slowly fitted it ALL the way around the panel, using 1/4" pop rivets about every 8". Tricky at the start and finish because I "stepped" the strip at the hinge to catch the hinge rivets. Then I finished the crack repair as normal. It shouldn't crack again.
Tree
Bonita Springs, Fl. &
Andrews, NC
Treeclimber is offline   Reply With Quote