Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Curious about Hi-Lo Campers? Thinking about buying a Hi-Lo camper, curious, have questions? Ask them here

Old 09-22-2010, 02:02 PM   #1

Default How Tall?

How tall are these generally (mid 90's+) when collapsed. I am looking to get a camp trailer and these like the way to go for me as I need to be able to fit it through a 7 foot door.

I want to do some shopping over the winter and will probably have to go out of town to find a good reasonable priced one and do not want to get home to find that it will not fit!!

Great site BTW, I was able to get all my other questions answered just by searching!

Adam
Spokane, WA

Rampant Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:13 PM   #2

Hi-Lo's are offered at various online sites including Craig's List, or try Oodle Used Hi Lo Listings | Used RV Listings | RVs.Oodle.com ... they usually have a bunch. Good luck with your purchase.

2007-22T TowLite 50th Anniversary
2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4X4 Crew Cab, Snug Top
NDgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:36 PM   #3

My 2207T is about 72" in height plus the AC, which I am guessing adds another 12". I store it in my garage for the winter, but I also have 8' door height. Hope this helps you out. If you find a Hi-Lo that suits your needs, you will really enjoy all that it has to offer.

Jeff
Jeff H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:36 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to PopRichie77

If some one else doesn't come up with a height, I have a 95-- 21 Foot TowLite and I will measure it tomorrow. I would say they will fit as I was going to originally put the 95 in my garage and it has a 7 foot high by 9 feet wide door. I couldn't get it in as I have to make a turn going into the garage and with the back about 2 feet in it was going to hit on the sides, due to the angle. I would recommend a 10 foot wide door, unless you can get a straight shot at backing up.Hope this doesn't stop you from buying one.
PopRichie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:08 PM   #5

I have a strait shot in and through to the back yard. I have to be able to get it through as I refuse to pay for storage. Pop up tent trailers don't do it for me so I'm pretty much down to one of these or nothing.
Rampant Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:21 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to PopRichie77

We have a 1995 TowLite, 215TL with Coleman air conditioner, as close as I can measure the height it is just under 7 feet. It has 13" wheels. A inch or 2 more could be got by lowering the tire pressure.
PopRichie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:43 PM   #7

Default Generally TowLite's stay under 84"

I don't know of any 'Classics' that would fit through a 7' garage door, but for sure Towlite's from 2004 and newer that are 22' or less should fit. As far as the latest 2010/2011 models, only the 18' will fit. They made a special mod to the Axle assembly so it would get into an 84" opening. The 23' likely would not fit.

Hope that helps,
jeff
nusslejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:53 PM   #8

Ill have to measure it again to be sure,right now its up,but if i recall its 6' 2" down,lets put it this way if i'm off its only by an 1" or 2" mines a 1978 now that does not count the vent cowl which was added .so depending what hi-lo you buy,may or may not have one or air,as for mine to guess id add 12" again ill look when i put her down. i also think its a few inches over 7' wide.

FHILO is offline   Reply With Quote