Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Curious about Hi-Lo Campers? Thinking about buying a Hi-Lo camper, curious, have questions? Ask them here

Old 03-22-2012, 11:07 PM   #1

Default NEW (to us) Hi-lo

Hey all, I am new to the forum and have some questions that I was hoping someone could answer. I recently acquired a 1994 Hi-LO Funlite that was my Grandparent's. The camper has been used a total of probably ten times since new, with my wife and I using it three of those times. Everything works great on the unit and there is nothings wrong with it. However, in order to insure it, they are asking me for a value. I know I could look in NADA, but is this an accurate idea of what it might be worth? I saw a couple for sale on here for aroun 5-6 thousand.
Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

huntrfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrfish View Post
Hey all, I am new to the forum and have some questions that I was hoping someone could answer. I recently acquired a 1994 Hi-LO Funlite that was my Grandparent's. The camper has been used a total of probably ten times since new, with my wife and I using it three of those times. Everything works great on the unit and there is nothings wrong with it. However, in order to insure it, they are asking me for a value. I know I could look in NADA, but is this an accurate idea of what it might be worth? I saw a couple for sale on here for aroun 5-6 thousand.
Any ideas or help would be appreciated.
The NADA is your best bet. It gives a high and low value. Make sure you clck the boxes with all of the options. You could also look for a model close to it and compare what others are asking and compare it with the NADA guide. hope that helps.

Hi Lo RVs & Motorhomes for Sale | Used Motorhomes & RVs on Oodle Marketplace

RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:53 PM   #3

I agree with what RCREYES said. You also need to factor in the "supply & demand" factor. With HiLo being out of business, none are being produced. People are paying more for a well maintained, clean, previously owned HiLo. I hate to use the word "used". Just a thought......................

Bob
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:10 PM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to sting32

One last thing, depending on insurer, or company. (and DO NOT know if this costs me more or less than what you do). My insurer (allied) we agreed on the value of the camper, if it burned to the ground today. Instead of ever decreasing NADA values. so if it goes boom, poof, or bang-clan-BAM, I get the agreed value. mine is one of kind too. so I dont think it will replace it, but what I have in it, will be.

ALso know! Any insurance you buy unless it says so, will not include "contents". I have 3 or 4 $6000 each bikes in mine, that my Pickup Trucks insurance catches, I believe I was told, I need to check though...
Old 03-23-2012, 07:59 PM   #5

NADA seemed a little low when I looked mine up, (would hate to think I paid full retail to an individual) and it was under others for sale in the area. I don't think it is a Kansas thing, but we also have Stated Value Coverage, and with Farm Bureau, there is some contents coverage, but I don't remember just what it is. Get some values on units for sale in your area, to figure out what yours is worth, then talk to your Agent. (If he has a RV, that will help you out some too.)
Old 03-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #6

Thanks everyone. I don't know much about Hi-Lo trailers, but I just thought NADA was pretty low. I have basically showed my agent what others are going for and we agreed on a replacement cost. Thanks again!!!!
huntrfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:37 PM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to robobd

also, it's springtime, and everybody wants more for their used campers,its a supply and demand for lower than new cost thing
robobd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:00 PM   #8

NADA is only a guide and values can depart from those listed for various reasons. If the trailer is in exceptional shape it can be higher than what NADA says for the average model of that year.
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:56 PM   #9

I paid A LOT more than what Nada was showing for the 2001 22 tow lite I just bought. That price was like 2700.00 .However- in searching the web for a couple of weeks the asking price on sites was closer to what I paid. I guess anything is worth what someone will pay for it. I couldn't find a mark on mine and it appeared to be very well maintained. Time will tell- That said- I'll bet the dealer made 30 to 40 percent mark-up on it. I used to work a retail canoe shop and we always assumed 20% mark-up or better on trade ins. The bank was willing to lend me close to the full price on it ----so he may know more than I do. All that said- I thought it was a better buy than some of the brand new light weight TTs I was looking at in the 14- 19ft range.

hilltool is offline   Reply With Quote