Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Curious about Hi-Lo Campers? Thinking about buying a Hi-Lo camper, curious, have questions? Ask them here

Old 11-21-2015, 07:15 AM   #1

Smile Showers

Hello, We are researching Hi-Lo trailers. We are newbies to this site. Tent campers at present. Does anyone ever use the shower in their trailers? Is there enough room with the wrap around curtain? Does the curtain stick to your arms? Is there a certain Hi-Lo floor plan that has a larger shower area than others? Please tell us all you can. Thank you.
P.s. Nice forum.

Familycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 01:35 PM   #2

Default Welcome!

Welcome to the Forum!

We boondock a lot and use the shower frequently. It is rather small, but when you need a shower size does not matter much. The curtain does come into contact with your arms but doesn't cling, that probably depends on the type of curtain you have. If you are a larger or taller person the shower would be rather confining. Some of the larger model Hi-Lo trailers had bigger shower/tub combinations. Look at the brochures in the reference library and you may see some photos of the showers.

Good luck with your hunt for that perfect Hi-Lo.

RichR

2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 02:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familycamper View Post
Hello, We are researching Hi-Lo trailers. We are newbies to this site. Tent campers at present. Does anyone ever use the shower in their trailers? Is there enough room with the wrap around curtain? Does the curtain stick to your arms? Is there a certain Hi-Lo floor plan that has a larger shower area than others? Please tell us all you can. Thank you.
P.s. Nice forum.
We have had Hi*Lo's since 2009 and have used the shower only one time. Space was to confining and too much of a hassle.
1999 21T Tow Lite
Garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 04:15 PM   #4

I use my shower all the time. If we are at a decent cg with a nice shower house I'll use that but for places with no showers or crowded showers I'll just use the trailer. And I'm pretty decent size. Roomy? No. But all I want is a shower so how much room do I need?

2010 Nissan Titan king cab SE
4x4
hilltool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 04:19 PM   #5
Site Team

I find sitting on the toilet lid through most of it helps. And, I take a "Navy shower" - sort of. Using the shower head mostly to "rinse off" with the help of a wash cloth. You don't really need much room to get clean.

- Jack
Old 11-21-2015, 04:44 PM   #6

We use our shower all the time. Its not like your home shower and better than a lot of showers at RV parks. Our 2805C most likely has the largest of showers that came in HiLos. We have traveled for as much as over 9 weeks so have lots of time in that shower but no taking showers together. There is a very active HiLo club in Wis. so you might contact some of the members and try and look at the different showers and floor plans. Good luck and if you do buy a HiLo think about joining the Wis club.
2017 Silvarado, crew cab 1500 6.2L gas w/ 8 speed tranny
central VA
JIM L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 11:17 PM   #7
sam

Default Using the shower in the HiLo.

I took a couple of navy showers when we first got our 25ft. HiLo. It is doable in this small space. We kept bumping the tub facuet and getting water on the piece of plywood across our bath tub. Then our HiLo dealer sold us a plumbing part that cuts the bathtub water off under the trailer. We mostly camp at places that have decent shower houses. You can shower anywhere with a pair of flipflops.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 08:05 AM   #8

Yeah, if the CG doesn't have good shower facilities we will use the shower. When boon docking in warm weather, I use the outside shower. Why not? No one's around. It would be nice to have a full stall shower on board, but due to the configuration of the trailer not possible.
Tennessee/Greenest state in the land of the free
moonstruckblog.wordpress.com
Moonstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 06:26 PM   #9

I will say when we had the 21ft Hi*Lo with an outside shower, I did rig up a shower curtain and we used the outside shower, which was always in warm weather.
1999 21T Tow Lite
Garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:16 PM   #10

Hi,

This one might work.
Curved Shower Rod Curtain Tension For RV Camping Corner Rods Angle Adjustable A - Interior
This one also.
NeverRust? L-Shaped Corner Shower Rod - BedBathandBeyond.com
Lincow
lincow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 03:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familycamper View Post
P.s. Nice forum.
Now wait, if you're camping why do you need a shower???

Seriously, we've only owned our 24 footer for a year and a half so don't have a lot of experience but we have used our shower a few times with no problems. The biggest concern is making sure you contain the water inside the shower area. I think ideally you want to have 3 smaller sections of curtains and set them up so you have access to the controls as well as your entry/exit point. Truthfully, I prefer using the campground facilities if they are decent.

I can't address the question regarding the different sizes of trailers as I've only used our trailer's shower.
Luckydog671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 09:22 PM   #12

We prefer to use our trailer shower whenever we camp.

We have set up 3 plastic shower curtains. One is very light weight plastic and the other two are a little heavier plastic with magnets attached to the bottom for weight.

We first raised the trailer and figured out how long the weighed shower curtains needed to be so that they were about an inch above the shower floor and cut them to size. We overlapped the weighted shower curtains at the entrance and the back side by 3 hooks to avoid water getting splashed against the walls, making sure that the overlap is opening away from the shower sprayer.

Because of being very cautious and wanting no water to touch the walls, we installed the light-weight plastic shower curtain along the back wall and side wall of the shower on the outside of the weighted shower curtains (this was the first step during installation).
w/ 98 chevy Powervision towing mirrors
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 v8 (replaces Toyota)
2 Hobie mirage pedal drive kayaks
campthewestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 02:18 PM   #13

Hubs is really tall with broad shoulders and I'm short but wide. We both manage fine. The biggest problem is bending down to pick up the shampoo etc. It requires more of a squat than bend. I don't move aside the shower curtain to reach into the cupboard with a wet hand/arm. Anyone have any clever solutions for keeping your supplies in reach inside the shower curtain?
ShariFitzpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 07:17 PM   #14

For Shari & Pat
Hang a small net bag from the inner portion of the upper shower track,
on the inside aspect of the shower curtain.
GoCamp
GoCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:48 PM   #15

Thank you very much
Familycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 06:18 PM   #16

We use our shower all the time. We use 2 shower curtains so the shower area is surrounded all the way around by a curtain. We do this to keep the wall areas pristine. We have also noticed that many campers do not cut their shower curtains to length (usually the curtains are too long so people must step on them). I will cut off the bottom so when the shower curtain hangs, it hangs straight and it just touches the floor of the shower. I think that makes it easier to shower as well. Hubby is a big guy and he doesn't have as much room, but it works.

By the way, we are from Wisconsin and would love you to join our group!! We are always looking for new members!!

------------------

Dave & Sherry
2003 27' Hi-Lo Classic - (For sale)
and 2007 19T Hi-Lo
Ford F-150

Oldyweds is offline   Reply With Quote