Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 03-14-2017, 02:00 PM   #61
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisakjcowgirl2016 View Post
Thanks Mr. Jack. What confussed me was that I only have 1 yellow wire coming out of my trailer wall. There is a light switch which operates it underneath my cabinet upon entering the trailer. So I guessed that the light grounded to itself. That was why I did not have a white wire coming out of the trailer wall.
Sorry I confused you. The yellow wire coming out of the wall is the power wire. It comes from your switch. You will attach your new black wire to it with a wire nut.

The electricity returns to the battery (the ground side of the circuit) through the trailer's frame. You connect your white wire to a screw, and this is then screwed into the side of your trailer, into the metal frame, which completes the circuit.

Hope I haven't confused you more with this.

- Jack

JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 08:23 PM   #62
sam

Default Wiring up lights

Jack gave you some good advice and saved you some $ by not needing a new lt. fixture. You will be an electrical expert before long.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 02:37 PM   #63

Thanks Mr. Jack. I cancelled that order and did like you said. Worked out great.
lisakjcowgirl2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 06:35 PM   #64
Site Team

Great, Lisa - glad I could be of help.

- Jack
Old 03-15-2017, 11:45 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Great, Lisa - glad I could be of help.

- Jack
Yes you were
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170315_184220.jpg (122.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 04-13-2017, 09:32 AM   #66

Good Morning,

Hope all is well with everyone on the forum today. I am so so proud of myself, I fixed all of my running lights. I replaced all exterior lights (they were rusty) on the trailer. I had an electrician come and check all that I had done. I found out that I also had a broken wire on the 7way housing connected to the trailer. So I just replaced the hold unit with a new one because of the rust. ALL of my lights are now working.

I also discovered that I had some power wires(yellow) that had come aloose in the ceiling. The electrician hooked all wires back and I now have all of my interior lights working as well.

I have installed the new vent fan over the shower area also. We just had a bad rain in Houston and I was in there inspecting for water leaks. YEAH I did not discover any. Now I have to repair the ceiling over the shower area. grind all the rusty frame and apply the rust converter. then I will be ready to replace the wall. I have remove the swing down bunk since it would not be used and now do not have to worry about bumping my head when I get up from the table.

with all of this I have now discovered that the refrigerator does not work. I have a RM2310 and have downloaded the manuals for it. (good luck to me)
Old 04-13-2017, 11:08 AM   #67
Site Team

Congrats, Lisa - good on ya!

Sorry to hear about the refrigerator, but, are you SURE it is not working? RV refrigerators are not like the ones in your home. They don't make a "running" sound and they are very slow to cool down. There MAY be an exterior fan that you would hear, but if so, it will only come on when the area near the fan heats up to a certain level. And, it has an inline fuse near it that if blown will prevent it from running.

I'd try plugging the camper into shore power and see if you can get it to run on AC power. If there is an indicator light, does it light up? If not, have you checked the circuit breaker in that circuit? I believe it's a 20A breaker and it could be tripped.

If it is working, it should be cool inside after running for 24 hours. If it runs on AC, it should also run on DC, but that circuit has a fuse that could be blown.

Propane is a different kettle of fish, see if you can get it working on electricity first.

- Jack
Old 04-13-2017, 01:26 PM   #68

Mr. Jack,

The electrician said it did not work because it did not make noise when plugged up. Thanks for letting me know that they do no make noise. I hooked it up to shore power and put it on electric and it still did not cool. but upon googling this morning i found some good info. my trailer is not leveled in my driveway and that may be the culprit. I did check the fuse and it is good. we removed the cover to check for dirt baubber nest and the likes. we also check the plug and I am getting 120 volts coming from the plug. when I let it back down I will try and re position it in my driveway and see it I can get it leveled. because when I went to let it up it rubbed on the side and did not want to come up. will worry about the fridge later. will keep you guys informed