Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 10-15-2015, 04:40 PM   #21

Default 2005 17T for sale

Hello,

I have a 2005 Towlite 17T for sale. I am in Central California. I am asking $6995. It is in great condition. We bought it in 2005 and have been all over the western United States with it. It sleeps 4 very comfortably. I have an ad on Craigslist in Modesto if you want to see pictures or get any further information on it.

dizzysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 05:26 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzysmom View Post
Hello,

I have a 2005 Towlite 17T for sale. I am in Central California. I am asking $6995. It is in great condition. We bought it in 2005 and have been all over the western United States with it. It sleeps 4 very comfortably. I have an ad on Craigslist in Modesto if you want to see pictures or get any further information on it.
Here is the link for those interested. Looks like a really clean unit!

2005 HI-LO TowLite 17T

Luckydog671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 05:27 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
Yes, lack of larger bed is a concern and the only way I would consider the 15T would be if it had the bunk bed. I'd like to see one to compare with the 17T, of which I plan to see in several days at a dealer in Arizona although the asking price is way too high.
Bruce, we had a 21T with the bunk which we used five years. We drove 9000 miles plus through Alaska and Canada and really got tired of crawling over each other during the night. When we lost the unit in a fire in 2013 we decided to go bigger and now have a 27T with walk around bed. We recently completed an 8500 mile trip through 19 states and though it is harder to find places where we can camp, I don't think we would ever down size.
1999 21T Tow Lite
Garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 11:48 PM   #24

We just purchased a 15' HiLo and are taking it out for the first time next week. Our problem is making a bed where the table is located. The leg on the table does not telescope and we can't get the table to "go down" to the level of the side seats. Our 28' HiLo has a table that drops down for a bed platform, but this doesn't. There is an extra laminated board that would partially complete the full-size bed and also one that has been "home made." What are we missing? Need to know ASAP. Too old to sleep in the limited floor space.
hiloduffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 12:02 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiloduffer View Post
We just purchased a 15' HiLo and are taking it out for the first time next week. Our problem is making a bed where the table is located. The leg on the table does not telescope and we can't get the table to "go down" to the level of the side seats. Our 28' HiLo has a table that drops down for a bed platform, but this doesn't. There is an extra laminated board that would partially complete the full-size bed and also one that has been "home made." What are we missing? Need to know ASAP. Too old to sleep in the limited floor space.
Sounds like someone modified the table leg. Is the leg hinged to the underside of the table so it can swing up and be secured on the underside of the table?
1999 21T Tow Lite
Old 08-13-2016, 12:06 AM   #26

The leg is hinged to the underside of the table, but when we swing it up, it is several inches too long and hits the wall before allowing the table to drop down into place. Like I mentioned, it does not have the "telescoping holes" so that you can adjust the length of the leg. Thanks for the response. Suggestions????

There is also an additional "leaf" about 4-5 inches wide and the length of the table width???
Old 08-13-2016, 10:36 AM   #27

Quote:
The leg is hinged to the underside of the table, but when we swing it up, it is several inches too long and hits the wall before allowing the table to drop down into place. Like I mentioned, it does not have the "telescoping holes" so that you can adjust the length of the leg. Thanks for the response. Suggestions????

There is also an additional "leaf" about 4-5 inches wide and the length of the table width???
And with the table leaf in place, the table leg still does not have room to swing up?
1999 21T Tow Lite
Old 08-13-2016, 12:55 PM   #28
Site Team

I'm confused too, Duffer - A longer leg would seem to position the outer end of the table higher than the wall end. Mine swings up and does not hit the wall, and, there are NO telescoping holes in it either.

I wonder - is it possible the table leg has been moved on the underside of the table so that it's closer to the wall? That would still keep it level, but would cause the problem you talk about.

I have no clue what the additional "leaf" is that you talk about. Is it possible the table can be taken out completely and then the leaf dropped into place to help form the bed platform?

- Jack
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 07:37 PM   #29

"I have no clue what the additional "leaf" is that you talk about. Is it possible the table can be taken out completely and then the leaf dropped into place to help form the bed platform?"

If so- then there should be another board or two lineing about somewhere to form the bed platform I would think.

2010 Nissan Titan king cab SE
4x4
hilltool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 08:29 PM   #30

Gary, Jack & Hilltool: Resolved. We purchased a new telescoping leg. There was apparently a MAJOR alteration and the solid leg was too long to allow the table to drop down. We are still not certain how the other laminated piece fits except as part of the bed frame. The small "leaf" will now fit in a slot to complete the bed platform. Will let you know and maybe post a picture when we finish installing the leg!
Thanks for all the responses.
Old 08-13-2016, 09:37 PM   #31

Quote:
Gary, Jack & Hilltool: Resolved. We purchased a new telescoping leg. There was apparently a MAJOR alteration and the solid leg was too long to allow the table to drop down. We are still not certain how the other laminated piece fits except as part of the bed frame. The small "leaf" will now fit in a slot to complete the bed platform. Will let you know and maybe post a picture when we finish installing the leg!
Thanks for all the responses.
Glad you got it resolved in time for your camping trip. Enjoy!

1999 21T Tow Lite