Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 05-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #1
ben

Default 19' lost in flood

We decided to scrap our 2001 19' HiLo Towlite. The trailer was caught in flooding of Illinois river. I was sitting on fence to buy it back for $600.00 from the insurance company and restore it. The trailer had 2" of water in it. When I pulled it out of the storage area to let it dry it raised but now it will not operate. I assume the switches need replacing but my main concern would be the lift motor. The battery-pump box were submerged an all the connections look green from corrosion. All else appears to be working. I just hate to let go to a scrap yard. The trailer was in excellent condition before the flooding. The insurance is giving me a fair amount but I hate to let it go-many good memories. I called JR to offer it to them but their not returning calls. I still have a Calmark cover for sale ,not in flood, excellent condition.

ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:07 AM   #2

Sorry for your loss. It's good your had her insured. That flood can't take away the great memories you shared with your loved ones in that Hi-Lo.

89Hilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:04 AM   #3

Default Sorry

I'm sorry that happened! I would think for $600 you couldn't go wrong with trying to salvage it. The tires alone probably cost that. If you do decide to scrap it I am looking to buy an awning. 816-580-5004

Thank you,
Matt Krieger
tufflove@hotmail.com
Rusted Tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:11 PM   #4
ben

Default can't let it go

Well after much thought I'm buying the trailer back and going to clean it up and use it again. I don't think it will take much. I need a project and the price was right. I've had the trailer ten years and just can't let it be scraped.
ben is offline   Reply With Quote

« info | train Guide »