Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 05-27-2011, 04:57 PM   #21

have to see the inside cause outside looks good,mine was similar on outside & i used house siding stuff you attach to a garden hose,got it at a garage sale that and a scrub brush and small bucket with some mixed in it.cleaned right up nice.As far as inside mine has some water damage i'm working on. First find leak/leaks fix with good clear chalk.Then yours is like mine steel cage frame.So unscrew the ceiling-paneling and replace it. This could be tuff cause your choices of materials to use is basically up to your taste.some choice to take it all out and put it back the way they want it.Ive seen them redone with knotty pine - painted red-black green blue-mirrored . pretty much your limited only by your imagination .hi-lo's in good shape can bring a pretty penny and someone else get to enjoy camping in the hi-lo.From the pix it looks like when its raised it sits even so cable are working correctly. You need to get under it & hand grease all the cables,if lowered then raise & grease spots missed& look for what looks like a shock absorber .grease tube when its fully extended.One more the guide rails on the outside of trailer,lightly grease them too. Now you should be safe lowering & raising it .keep them well greased.Lastly you came to the right place for help if you want it,this forums great, the thing about this forum.We all love are Hi-Lo's so please no more talk about scrapping a head turner like Hi-Lo,good luck...

FHILO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:19 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmw1dad View Post
Wow! I did a little poking and prodding and the back half of the camper is in bad shape.
The walls in the bathroom and around the kitchen sink are rotted. The ceiling in the back half is all rotten, the back corner (where all the water ran I assume) is rotted.
There is just too much here for me to try and tackle. I am going to put the camper on craigslist and try and sell it as is. Here are some pics of the damage.
wow i have the same curtains same color too,must have come with the 70's campers when it was new.as far as the damage,it does have steel tube framing ,yes? so take off the old paneling & ceiling & replace it with what you want. i have pix of hi-lo's redone with pine board - tile you name it they redid the hi-lo to me there needs & some that did it to resell it are asking $1500 TO OVER $2000 now. Google mash RV.its either a 77 or 79 their not sure,its from desmoines they want $2500.00.i talked to the guy.he took all the damaged stuff out built his own cabinets (his first time doing so) to buy new cabinets/counters was to costly & rebuilt the insides nicely. i think the add is still running,you should check it out,if you want more ideas,you can email me,mark2447@earthlink.net & i will send you the pix of the hi-lo's that people have redone.i hope you do cause i've got all sorts of pix from different peoples hi-lo's so you'd be able to get some ideas before you give up.i'm fixing mine (see my album) cause i want to keep it and enjoy it,but later on down the line if i'm in a pinch & have to sell it. it will hold its value.it might not be original in the end but being a hi-lo there it will always be marketable.

FHILO is offline   Reply With Quote