Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 09-07-2010, 09:32 AM   #1

Default 1997 Hi-Lo stabilizer jacks?

Just bought my first Hi-Lo and my wife and I love it very much. The question I have here is, the front stabilizer jacks are missing and I am looking to replace them. Where can I find new or used ones or is there a generic replacement? Should I try J&R since I live in Ohio near Cleveland? I own a 1997 Model 24D

nohurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:01 PM   #2

Yeah, I just had it in to get a new awning put on, which they got the wrong one, something about the awnings on Hi-Lo's being 8in shorter than a regular one's. Any way, they said that regular stabilizers won't work.....so unless I can find some close by I may have to call J&R and talk to them. Is there such a thing as a Hi-Lo graveyard? Maybe used would work.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:19 PM   #3

The awning arms are shorter on a Hi-Lo than on a regular travel trailer, therefore the awning has to be made shorter. I don't understand why the stabilizers would be different, there is nothing special about the undercarriage on the Hi-Lo that I can think of.
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:55 PM   #4

On my 1998 21TL I have BAL brand stabilizers. According to the paperwork that came with camper, They are a "T" type jack and they came in three different lengths. They were available in 21", 25" and 31". Mine are 21". They are welded on to the frame. Try this website to view the models that are now available.

BAL - Innovative Products for the RV Industry

1998 21TL
2005 Silverado
Thankful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:06 PM   #5

Thumbs up

Thanks for the input everyone. I found what I was looking for with J&R. This forum is really great....again, thanks and may GOD bless

Dean