Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Community Forums > General Hi-Lo camper discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 07-06-2016, 03:02 PM   #1

Default 2006 HiLo Towlite 17T repairs

I have a 2006 17T that has only been used 3 times. The plastic covering is still on the toilet and shower because it has never been used. Every item, hot water heater, pump, and propane running of fridge has never been used either. Only slept in for a total of 7 days. With that being said, someone with a large truck backed into the backitchen of the camper and went from end to end. Rear window us totally destroyed, lower support is bent and Weld is broken, storage door is mangled, weather stripping down entire bottom is ripped. Hydraulic hose may be damaged because it will only raise manually. I have full coverage on everything but live in North Carolina and cannot find a dealer to work on it. Nationwide had no RV Adjusters so they sent a car adjuster who took pics and sent them to a claim representative in Texas who then sent me a check for $1,300. That does not even begin to cover the damages. Can anyone help me or guide me as to a repair facility in North or South Carolina. Also does anyone know any independent Adjusters that I can get a 2nd opinion. Any help.or suggestions will be greatly appreciated
Thank you
Dwayne Craig
864-541-9070
Dwaynecraig08@yahoo.com

Dwaynecraig08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 09:21 PM   #2
sam

Default 17Towlite repairs

I would take some digital pictures myself and send it to J&&R in OHIO. Kindly sent the check back to Nationwide and politely tell them where to shove it!!Bad news,it sounds like the repairs might exceed the value of the trailer. The ins. co might total it out and only give you a salvage title. Postsome pictures of the damage.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:37 AM   #3

Default I was thinking I should send it back as well

Sam,
Thanks for your input. I have attached some files of the damage but as far as the window, they allowed $50 for labor to take the mangled one out and replace it.
I have more pictures to share but I am limited in size. What do you think so far. Would $1,300 even but the parts shown?
Thanks in advance
Dwayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam View Post
I would take some digital pictures myself and send it to J&&R in OHIO. Kindly sent the check back to Nationwide and politely tell them where to shove it!!Bad news,it sounds like the repairs might exceed the value of the trailer. The ins. co might total it out and only give you a salvage title. Postsome pictures of the damage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160615_192713.jpg (231.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 20160615_215054.jpg (134.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20160615_215431.jpg (147.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20160615_215625.jpg (1.09 MB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20160615_220111.jpg (151.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg P_20160615_193443.jpg (199.0 KB, 9 views)
Dwaynecraig08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:14 AM   #4

No that doesn't cover the damages to put it back perfect like it was but also I don't think it looks that bad, hard to tell. I'm no insurance guy but I would say don't cash the check, doing so may accept their assessment. You should always be able to take it to your own shop and get multiple quotes to put it back perfect. You actually can then take that money and do whatever you want, let the shop fix it, fix part or it, fix it yourself part or all, or just sell it as is and keep all the money.
Hersbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 08:25 PM   #5
sam

Default Fixing towlite

No way did they give you enough $. A new window costs $600.00. Ask me how i know. One time our fence/gate layout wasn't correct. I got DH backed in too tight. Crunch/cracked window. Our HiLo dealer had a glass shop repair it for us. They were able to straighten the frame and just replace the glass.We immediately changed our gate layout and it is much better. Parts and labor are very expensive. Something like $125.00 an hr. labor.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:57 PM   #6

I would check with a local RV dealer who should be able to provide an estimate of repairs. Then if the estimate is significantly higher, send both the estimate and check back to your insurance company.
Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:53 PM   #7

Just repaired mine including a new door fabrication , replacing jack, straightening pulley bracket and replacing pulley. Insurance paid about 3k for that.

Rick

2010 Nissan Titan king cab SE
4x4
hilltool is offline   Reply With Quote