Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 05-09-2015, 04:51 PM   #1
Site Team

Question '88 24Footer

Have the option to purchase a1988 24' for $1000.(2488?) Has a "new top and everything works". Lady has been working on it for a while when her DH began having heart problems. With that situation under control, she went back to the Hi Lo. Oops! won't go up. Dead battery, and she doesn't want to fool with it any longer. Going to try and refurbish it. Anyone have interior pics of something close to it? She says full bed in back, foldout (goucho?) in front. A/C removed for top repair (sealed opening) and needs reinstall but it works. Hope to advise when I get it home. After closer inspection. Remember, anything is repairable/replaceable or improvisable.

Bonita Springs, Fl. &
Andrews, NC
Treeclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 04:58 PM   #2
Site Team

Thumbs up Forgot item

Forgot to mention, there is a 2000 24 ' for sale in Estero, Fl. US 41 south across from Woodsmoke Campground. Windows need sealing and I detected SMALL leakage near them as well as rusted latches on one. Wants $5k, but I'm sure that's workable. Sure it needs work, but VERY clean inside, no sign of damage.
Tree

Bonita Springs, Fl. &
Andrews, NC
Old 05-09-2015, 09:37 PM   #3

Hi Tree,
We paid 700. I think for ours, but it had extensive water damage. We replaced all of the top rail. We resealed the roof, tore out moldy ceiling and wall panels and pulled all the windows and resealed those as well. Started today putting overhead cabinets back in and just going to wing it and do best we can. Husband made trim and I will stain that tomorrow and get it up soon. Our fridge didn't work, so we pulled it and replaced with a 7.4 cubic ft. Still have several little things to do, but we are on the downward side.
Good luck and have fun.
lovejoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 09:49 PM   #4
Site Team

Smile Lovejoy

This '88 seems to be in acceptable condition for it's age. The couple has done some of the work but are unable to finish. I'll inspect it closer, jump the battery and see if it will rise (I think it will), air the tires, peek underneath, and of course check the integrity before bringing it home, about 100 miles. I have a 2000 240U in great shape, but would like to refurbish this one just to keep it on the "camping trail". Best of luck with yours. Trust me the "Pride of Ownership" after completion is unbeatable.
Bonita Springs, Fl. &
Andrews, NC