General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-19-2017, 10:49 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: arizona
Posts: 60
Default bleed hydraulic system

i had a leak in the hydraulic system...it was a loose fitting..so i fixed it but now it seems to take longer to raise the hilo....do i need to bleed the system now?
__________________

keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:30 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
RCREYES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Far West Texas
Posts: 1,175
Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keystone View Post
i had a leak in the hydraulic system...it was a loose fitting..so i fixed it but now it seems to take longer to raise the hilo....do i need to bleed the system now?
I do believe it is self bleeding. Try raising and lowering a few times and see if it improves. I know it's advertised as 12 seconds to raise but mine is about 16.
__________________

__________________
"Ruben"
2404T, 2003 2500HD 4X4 GMC Sierra SLT Crew Cab w/Astro camper shell and 2003 Chevy Tahoe LE 4X2
Far West Texas
RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:41 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: arizona
Posts: 60
Default

mine takes about 35 seconds to raise
keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:04 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
JackandJanet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pine, AZ
Posts: 2,664
Default

You COULD have leaking seals, or the lowering valve is possibly slightly open due to something caught in it. Look for a thread on the top not staying off the safety bar.

- Jack
__________________
Hi-Lo 1707T - Tire Minder TPMS on Tow Vehicle and Trailer, 300W Solar Battery Charger, Equal-i-zer WDH
2014 F150 Platinum 4x4 3.5L EcoBoost SCrew
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:20 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: arizona
Posts: 60
Default

jack..i couldnt find the thread you are talking about...where is the lowering valve located?
keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:30 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
JackandJanet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pine, AZ
Posts: 2,664
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keystone View Post
jack..i couldnt find the thread you are talking about...where is the lowering valve located?
This is the thread I was thinking of: How to fix top half creep in your Hilo Trailer

I think the PDF file it links to shows what I'm talking about. It took me a while to find it, but I remembered reading it. Unfortunately, I've NEVER had to do this procedure, so my knowledge of doing it is somewhat "theoretical".

I recall thinking if the valve was partially open, it would cause the lifting process to be slow.

- Jack
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 01:02 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
RCREYES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Far West Texas
Posts: 1,175
Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
This is the thread I was thinking of: How to fix top half creep in your Hilo Trailer

I think the PDF file it links to shows what I'm talking about. It took me a while to find it, but I remembered reading it. Unfortunately, I've NEVER had to do this procedure, so my knowledge of doing it is somewhat "theoretical".

I recall thinking if the valve was partially open, it would cause the lifting process to be slow.

- Jack
I do this with my quarterly maintenance.
__________________

__________________
"Ruben"
2404T, 2003 2500HD 4X4 GMC Sierra SLT Crew Cab w/Astro camper shell and 2003 Chevy Tahoe LE 4X2
Far West Texas
RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Hi-Lo Trailers Worldwide or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
HiLoTrailerForum.com Copyright 2010