Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 08-06-2012, 08:12 AM   #21

Default Meee toooo!!!

Hi there! Let's welcome each other! I'm a new Hi Lo owner like you!!! I just bought one two days ago. It's a vintage 1972, 20ft, model 2073 and it's in mint condition. From the replies I read to your post, I think we can safely say we "scored!" I couldn't believe the price I paid for mine. I'm sure they could have got much more if they wanted to. I think they were in a hurry as they were moving upstate by the end of the month...MY gain!!! As mine is a vintage "retro" era camper, I plan to make no major changes (maybe just the curtains) as I want to keep it as close to its original style as possible. I live in southern Wisconsin, and I'm hoping that there will be a Hi Lo camping group that gets together at least once a year that I can join.

Enjoy your new toy!!!

Susie

Ladyhawk91208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:31 AM   #22

Welcome

There is a group in Southern Wisconsin I am told. Contact Jerrys Camping center in Madison and they may be able to give you the info on how to contact them.

Enjoy!

Rick

2010 Nissan Titan king cab SE
4x4
hilltool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:39 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstrand100 View Post
I am brand new to this forum. I am looking for more information about Hi-Lo trailers--floor plans, specifications, prices, dealers, etc. I am located in the Memphis, TN area. Can anyone help. Also, for btgorman, what happened that was so bad with the Trailmanor? I am considering one. Thanks to all.
The trailmanors that we looked at had already weeped moisture at the roof gaskets. New units that had sat on a dealers lot a while. They do have a much better idea on the entry door. I did not like the idea of lifting the cupboards off the floor to the hang them on the wall at every setup. They had a nice storage idea that you could load from outside and access inside. Also from experience I am a big fan of tandem axle trailers. Trailmanors seem to all be single axle which is a deal breaker for me.
btgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:54 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstrand100 View Post
I am brand new to this forum. I am looking for more information about Hi-Lo trailers--floor plans, specifications, prices, dealers, etc. I am located in the Memphis, TN area. Can anyone help. Also, for btgorman, what happened that was so bad with the Trailmanor? I am considering one. Thanks to all.
It's not that they were a "bad" camper. The single axle was a deal breaker for me. And the overhead roof gasket worried me.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:09 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyhawk91208 View Post
Hi there! Let's welcome each other! I'm a new Hi Lo owner like you!!! I just bought one two days ago. It's a vintage 1972, 20ft, model 2073 and it's in mint condition. From the replies I read to your post, I think we can safely say we "scored!" I couldn't believe the price I paid for mine. I'm sure they could have got much more if they wanted to. I think they were in a hurry as they were moving upstate by the end of the month...MY gain!!! As mine is a vintage "retro" era camper, I plan to make no major changes (maybe just the curtains) as I want to keep it as close to its original style as possible. I live in southern Wisconsin, and I'm hoping that there will be a Hi Lo camping group that gets together at least once a year that I can join.

Enjoy your new toy!!!

Susie
Hi, We have a 1969 and a 2011. Let me know if I can help on anything.