General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-14-2016, 02:58 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
hilltool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,150
Default

Motorpig

Just re-reading things and looking closer at your photos. I am now wondering if that IS a charger/converter you have there? Most of us have converters/chargers installed- and of course the converters feed the 12v stuff in the trailer-which is most of it. I don't see a brand name on that thing nor anything else indicating it is more than a charger. I am beginning to think this guy was messing with a lot of the electrical and ,maybe, thats why you got it for free?? I didn't go back and check your original post as to year and model- but I am not aware of units where a charger and converter were mounted separately and in different parts of the trailer. Also- seemed like there was a solar monitor panel in one of the photos- so there should be a charge controller for the solar panel somewhere, also. Seeing as you got it for free- maybe its worth the money to go to a decent RV repair place or somewhere where they work on RV electrical systems and pay a couple of hours of labor to figure out whats what??? And FYI, in case you were unaware, the AC has its own chord that plugs into a 110 outlet for the AC to work- and you plug it in and out after it is raised and before it is lowered.
__________________

__________________
2201 TL

2010 Nissan Titan king cab SE
4x4
hilltool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 07:36 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
garyk52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Berwick. Pa
Posts: 299
Default

"Do i have a inverter or a converter somewhere other than this charger?" No, did you take a multimeter and check for 12+ volts between the red which is positive and the white which is negative. If you have 12 volts or better you need to follow the red wire and see where it goes. I think you either have a fuse blown on the red wire somewhere or the red wire is either broken or not hooked up. The other photo showing the arrow, I can't see where the heavy red wire is going and I have a feeling you're missing a heavy red positive wire where arrow is from your converter/charger. BTW the company that makes that charger is out of business Todd Manufacturing. There's one listed on ebay for $300.00. Worth about $15.00
__________________

__________________
Cheers
Garyk52
DW Judy

96 24' Hi-Lo Funchaser, (99 Aliner Sofabed Sold 6/9/18)
06 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4X4 29000 miles and counting
garyk52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 10:18 PM   #13
Member
 
motorpig2342's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Alabama (roll tide!)
Posts: 98
Default

Thanks guys. I'm off tomorrow and other than it raining, I'm hoping to get out there and start digging in a bit deeper and try some the things ya'll suggested. I plugged the fridge up yesterday and discovered that indeed it does work. After reading the above post I finally found where the AC was unplugged in the bathroom. Plugged it up and it to works! So far so good. Just got to figure this 12v. stuff out. I

Question: If I plug the trailer up to my truck as if it was being towed, is that suppose to supply power for the lights?
motorpig2342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 11:02 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
JackandJanet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pine, AZ
Posts: 2,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpig2342 View Post
Thanks guys. I'm off tomorrow and other than it raining, I'm hoping to get out there and start digging in a bit deeper and try some the things ya'll suggested. I plugged the fridge up yesterday and discovered that indeed it does work. After reading the above post I finally found where the AC was unplugged in the bathroom. Plugged it up and it to works! So far so good. Just got to figure this 12v. stuff out. I

Question: If I plug the trailer up to my truck as if it was being towed, is that suppose to supply power for the lights?
Looks like you're making progress!

But, if you don't have interior lights or other 12V items with just the battery, I don't think you are going to get them by hooking the trailer to a tow vehicle. The tow vehicle simply supplies power to charge the battery through the 12V Pos and Neg wires at the trailer plug. But it also supplies the power for the trailer running/stop/turn signal lights, and for the trailer brakes through the other wires.

You may have mentioned this in one of your other posts, but if you did, I don't remember. All of the 12V appliances and interior lights are protected by individual fuses in their circuits. Have you checked all the fuses? If you have, and they are good, is there 12V to the input side of them? The Master Switch has to be in the full opposite position from the Raise/Lower setting for 12V power to be delivered there.

- Jack
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 11:43 PM   #15
Member
 
motorpig2342's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Alabama (roll tide!)
Posts: 98
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
All of the 12V appliances and interior lights are protected by individual fuses in their circuits. Have you checked all the fuses? If you have, and they are good, is there 12V to the input side of them? The Master Switch has to be in the full opposite position from the Raise/Lower setting for 12V power to be delivered there.
- Jack
I haven't located a fuse box yet. I would of thought it would of been by the breaker box, but its not. Surly they are not all inline fuses. Any idea where else the fuse box might be? I've looked in the area outside near the battery too.
motorpig2342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 07:34 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Memphis
Posts: 276
Default

Motorpig, I can't believe the guy just GAVE it to you. Such a deal.....Take your time with this little electrical problem, fix things correctly and you'll have a fine trailer. Look for your 12V fuse box in odd locations,. First place to look is in the bathroom areas, for instance INSIDE the bathroom sink vanity. Yup, that's where ours was. Keep us posted on your electrical progress.
__________________
Jim in Memphis
Wife of 45 years is Brenda
Recently sold our 1997 24' Classic
2014 Ford F-350 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:39 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
JackandJanet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pine, AZ
Posts: 2,691
Default

Motorpig, my fuses are under the couch, near the fridge. But, the location seems to be all over the place in these campers. I would have thought yours would have been near your converter.

All I can tell you is to look under everything for the location. It SHOULD be in the lower half at least. It shouldn't be in an area that would be exposed to moisture, such as the trailer tongue. But, if you can trace some of the wires that originate there, they might lead you to it.

- Jack
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:23 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
hilltool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,150
Default

Looking again I notice the " indicator panel" which contains idiot lights for tank capacities and the battery state of charge appears to have been partially deconstructed. .??? So, who knows what the previous owner was attempting but whatever it was it appears he was doing it badly!
__________________
2201 TL

2010 Nissan Titan king cab SE
4x4
hilltool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:30 AM   #19
Member
 
motorpig2342's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Alabama (roll tide!)
Posts: 98
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Motorpig, I can't believe the guy just GAVE it to you. Such a deal.....Take your time with this little electrical problem, fix things correctly and you'll have a fine trailer. Look for your 12V fuse box in odd locations,. First place to look is in the bathroom areas, for instance INSIDE the bathroom sink vanity. Yup, that's where ours was. Keep us posted on your electrical progress.
Yeah, I restored a 84 leisure craft a few years ago. It was a mess but every single thing electric worked in it. This thing is 10 times the camper that one was before I started on it. The floor in this one is solid and will require ceiling replacement in one large area, and a area of the wall in that same area. This one could look like almost new with a little bit of work. I'm going to take my time and do things right. I'm really excited about it. Cant wait for it to warm up some so I can stay out there working. The wife isn't all that excited though. She knows how much time I spent on the last fixer-upper.
motorpig2342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:32 AM   #20
Member
 
motorpig2342's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Alabama (roll tide!)
Posts: 98
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltool View Post
Looking again I notice the " indicator panel" which contains idiot lights for tank capacities and the battery state of charge appears to have been partially deconstructed. .??? So, who knows what the previous owner was attempting but whatever it was it appears he was doing it badly!
Yeah, I was looking at that. It looks like the transparent film that goes over the top of it with the writing on it just came off. I was planning on trying to find that piece today.
__________________

motorpig2342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Hi-Lo Trailers Worldwide or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
HiLoTrailerForum.com Copyright 2010