Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 05-08-2016, 02:25 PM   #1

Default Fat person on roof

I have a 2294T that I want to redo all the sealing and paint on new rubber. My question is, can the roof support my 250 pounds of body weight to accomplish this or do I need to hire that out to a skinny person. There is no signs of leaking anywhere and I would feel better if I just redid it due to age. Of course this would not be done while it was lifted up. Have no idea how the roof was constructed and did a search and didn't see much on it. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

phoneguy1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 02:59 PM   #2
Site Team

Jerry, it should support you as long as it's down. I weigh 205# and I feel no give at all when I get on it.

But, check the construction of your roof before you try recoating it. It could be either rubber or aluminum. If it's aluminum, I'd use the white elastomeric paint you can buy at Home Depot or similar stores. A rubber roof needs something different.

You may not have to get on the roof much in any case. Coatings can be mostly applied from the sides on a ladder using a long handled roller I believe. You can also wash it first the same way with a long handled brush.

- Jack

Old 05-08-2016, 04:17 PM   #3

Hi Jerry,

I lay down thin plywood on the roof to help distribute my weight when walking on the roof.
Luckydog671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:54 AM   #4

Thanks for the quick reply. From what I can tell it's has a thin layer of rubber on the roof and no idea what's under that. So was going to get the stuff for rubber coating of the roof.
phoneguy1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:52 PM   #5

Jerry, if you look at my photos I have same pics of how the beams are in the roof of mine, mine are in bad shape my camper had a lot of water damage, but it will give you an idea how it was constructed.
ltblueblzr is offline   Reply With Quote