Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum

Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum (http://www.hilotrailerforum.com/)
-   General Hi-Lo camper discussion (http://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f17/)
-   -   Ford F-150 with ECO Boost (http://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f17/ford-f-150-eco-boost-1675/)

RichR 01-30-2012 07:28 PM

Ford F-150 with ECO Boost
 
Does anyone have an F-150 with the ECO Boost Engine? I am about to trade the Taco in on one. Most reports have been favorable so far. DaveL that is a forum member tows his 2409T with one and he is very pleased with it.

JackandJanet 01-31-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichR (Post 10351)
Does anyone have an F-150 with the ECO Boost Engine? I am about to trade the Taco in on one. Most reports have been favorable so far. DaveL that is a forum member tows his 2409T with one and he is very pleased with it.

I'm a moderator on the f150online forum and members there have been very positive about this new engine. From what I've read, it has more "pulling power" than the non-blown engines.

If I could afford one, I'd buy one.

- Jack

RichR 01-31-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackandJanet (Post 10355)
I'm a moderator on the f150online forum and members there have been very positive about this new engine. From what I've read, it has more "pulling power" than the non-blown engines.

If I could afford one, I'd buy one.

- Jack

Yes, I have been checking there on occasion and have seen mostly positive comments. The dissenters seem to be mostly non-ecoboost owners. You know Chevy and Dodge are always better than Ford, or are they? The answer to that is , it all depends. It is like arguing politics. ;)

dirtfan 01-31-2012 06:46 PM

Rich, this is a very good question as i'll be purchasing one of these sometime this year, right now I have a 99 Ranger with 190k on it, another reason i'm swaying to purchase one of these is that they weren't part of the bailout a few years ago

JackandJanet 01-31-2012 07:32 PM

There was also a "teardown" that Ford did on one of these engines after running for 100,000 miles I think. The wear on the engine was minimal.

- Jack

Fireballsocal 01-31-2012 08:56 PM

I am a member of an offroad forum where owners have nothing but steller things to say about it. They also say the 5.4 V8 can't compare. The ecoboost feels more like the 6.2L

It's a very complex engine and in my eye, there is alot to go wrong. I don't think there is any way of knowing till alot of trucks with alot of milage start showing up.

RichR 02-01-2012 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackandJanet (Post 10360)
There was also a "teardown" that Ford did on one of these engines after running for 100,000 miles I think. The wear on the engine was minimal.

- Jack

I heard that it was put through a pretty rigorous test. It was just a regular engine that was pulled from the production line and was not modified in any way.

RichR 02-01-2012 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireballsocal (Post 10363)
I am a member of an offroad forum where owners have nothing but steller things to say about it. They also say the 5.4 V8 can't compare. The ecoboost feels more like the 6.2L

It's a very complex engine and in my eye, there is alot to go wrong. I don't think there is any way of knowing till alot of trucks with alot of milage start showing up.

That is the only part that I am concerned with. Oh well, we will see.
DaveL, one of our members, is really happy with his. He has researched about all he could about the Ecoboost.

robobd 02-01-2012 05:03 PM

a ford product
 
Think twice about a ford product, i own one and its not the initial quality, but the service costs from ford dealers. they try to see how deep my pockets really are. I just got a estimate to replace 2 injectors with rebuilt ones and replace a oil dipstick o ring. A $4000.00 dollar estimate! I had a local qualified mechanic replace the 2 injectors for $375.00 and replaced the o ring myself for 3.00 and 4 hours labor. a huge difference. I would buy a toy tundra or a chevy 1500

RichR 02-01-2012 06:39 PM

I would be looking for a different dealer. One tried something like that with my daughter when she had a problem with her Focus. It was going to be a ridiculous amount to repair a rear window mechanism. I called our small hometown Ford dealer and they repaired it for about one third of the cost, using the same parts. It was worth her 160 mile trip home to have the work done there.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
HiLoTrailerForum.com Copyright 2010