Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 08-19-2012, 07:18 PM   #1

Default Front maker lights not working

I have a 2003 HiLo TrailLite 24-foot and the front marker lights are not getting power. How is this wiring routed? Where is the likely break in the wiring?

traverlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:47 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by traverlaw View Post
I have a 2003 HiLo TrailLite 24-foot and the front marker lights are not getting power. How is this wiring routed? Where is the likely break in the wiring?
Welcome to the forum! Here's the link to the electrical section in the reference library. Hope it helps.

Electrical - Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum

RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:13 AM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to jcurtis95

Quote:
Originally Posted by traverlaw View Post
You might 'carefully' remove the mounting screws for the running lights and check the wiring behind them. Using a volt-ohm meter, check for voltage as well as ground continuity. Sometimes, the metal becomes corroded and you can use sand paper or knife blade to scratch the corrosion off so good contact is made with the bulb. You may have to add some tension to the contact so ensure it has good contact with the bulb. I emphasize using care in removing these fixtures as they are not constructed very well and they will break. I had to use gorilla glue to glue the mount back together as it broke apart when I removed it.

If I'm not mistaken, there is one continuous run for the battery and ground for the running lights. If some are working and others are not, the wiring is attached to the mount with two in and out tension connectors and one conductor may have pulled loose allowing one bulb to burn while succeeding lights will not.

Hope this helps.

Jerry Curtis
2406 T
jcurtis95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:50 AM   #4
sam

Default Front marker lights

DH had to take our back lighs apart and do quite a bit of soldering. This would also be a good time to check the caulk around the lights as this can be an area of water intrusion. He used some type of electrical grease. The wires or other parts can be purchased at Napa Auto store. It would also be a good time to check all outside lights,grease and check the caulk.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #5

Thanks! Did that, replaced the ligths with LEDs, no luck. Checked the bare line with a Volt meter and the line was dead, but the back lights work. It seems that someplace between the back lights and the front, a wire was broken.

How is that wire routed? Anybody know?
traverlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:59 PM   #6
sam

Default Front lights not working

Give my HiLo parts person a call. Jay Simon at Mantelli trailer sales. !-716-625-8877. Didn't want to leave you with out any kind of help.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lights, marker lights, wiring