Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Community Forums > General Hi-Lo camper discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 04-27-2017, 06:53 PM   #1

Default Happy Day for the HiLo

Picked her up from Mantelli's today. The repair turned out spectacular! We couldn't be happier and now that she's home we can get it packed back up and get down to business "camping".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150616_203119607.jpg (185.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 20170423_144024.jpg (148.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 20170423_143933.jpg (62.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 20170423_143942.jpg (90.0 KB, 6 views)

Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:25 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom M View Post
Picked her up from Mantelli's today. The repair turned out spectacular! We couldn't be happier and now that she's home we can get it packed back up and get down to business "camping".
She looks great. Hope you have a ton of happy camping days with your unit.

1999 21T Tow Lite
Garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:53 PM   #3

We finally did it! Last week we went camping for a few days at a county park just over an hour away from home. All dry camping but the park has water, flush toilets and 50 cent showers. Sitting inside our trailer we kept looking at the two pair of bifold doors, which I have had to repair on two occasions, and decided they had to go, but we did need some sort of privacy doors to the bathroom if guests were in the camper. When we returned home I went on line and found accordion doors (36"x80") at our local box store for $29 and change, including tax. I cut the door in half to give me two 36"x40" doors and then cut them to about 24" wide to fit the two spaces previously covered by the bi-fold doors. I was a little surprised when I measured the door openings to find them 22" wide at the top and 21" wide at the bottom. This was not a problem since I was not attaching the new doors to the "Door Jams" but to the lower bathroom wall. The new doors are kept closed with magnets. (Now I see why members have problems with pictures not displaying properly. I have never experienced this before, but cannot figure out how to correct the fault)
Before:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0816.jpg (203.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0817.jpg (212.5 KB, 12 views)
1999 21T Tow Lite
Old 04-28-2017, 07:01 PM   #4

That's a great idea. Mine has a one piece lower door and a fabric top that slides. Privacy is not much of an issue, trailer being so small it's just the two of us.
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom M View Post
That's a great idea. Mine has a one piece lower door and a fabric top that slides. Privacy is not much of an issue, trailer being so small it's just the two of us.
We thought about eliminating the doors completely, but there are times when in a campground we might want a change of clothes and without the bi-fold or accordion doors, we might not provide the privacy the rest of the campground deserves. So, privacy doors from the kitchen/dining area and from the bathroom to our back bedroom. The bi-fold doors weighed about 7lbs each and the accordion doors are mere ounces each. (maybe one pound each, I just couldn't get them to register on a scale.)
1999 21T Tow Lite
Old 05-02-2017, 09:39 PM   #6

I kinda like the old bi-folds.

What kind of problems did you have with them - screws not holding in the "wood"?

But thats a smart upgrade - easy to replace, easy to use.
KnottyRig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnottyRig View Post
I kinda like the old bi-folds.

What kind of problems did you have with them - screws not holding in the "wood"?

But thats a smart upgrade - easy to replace, easy to use.
I had reinforced the bifold doors with finish screws at the 45 degree joints so the doors were stable but the screws holding the hinges in place to the wall had been replaced so many times they would no longer hold. Plus, getting up in the night the bifolds were always in the way. We would have to close the pair to the front of the dining/galley and the pair to our bedroom just to sit on the john.
1999 21T Tow Lite
Old 05-04-2017, 12:02 PM   #8

Ah, I never thought about the bi-folds getting in the way when opening.

KnottyRig is offline   Reply With Quote