Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 11-11-2010, 05:48 PM   #1

Default Hello?

Where did everyone go? It has been more than a day without a post to the forum? I'm worried....

RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:20 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to PopRichie77

Hi Rich, i was wondering too.

PopRichie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:17 PM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to vannooch

I was wondering myself, it's been quiet around here. I know I've been up to my eyeballs with birthday season. I'm still going to try to get in a free-bee or two in at Tionesta...
That may be wishful thinking though, with the holidays and such. Two of my favorites actually!
Is it always this quiet through the winter months?
vannooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:25 PM   #4

Apparently we're all out and about enjoying our Hi-Lo trailers...its the only explaination!
My excuse is that I've been away from the computer visiting the Kennedy Space Center...quite an operation.
2015 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
JMDoering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:01 PM   #5
Site Team

I was "winterizing" mine. Believe it or not, our overnight low was 28 degrees last night. We often get down to around 16 degrees in the winter here, since we live near a wash, and the cold air just flows down to us off the mountains. (It's normal for us to have over 60 nights that are below freezing in the winter.)

But, like the rest of you, I wondered where everyone went?

- Jack
Old 11-11-2010, 10:03 PM   #6

Default Thank Goodness!

I thought the board had gone on the blink, but everyone is busy storing their nuts before winter strikes. THINK SPRING!!!
Old 11-12-2010, 07:44 AM   #7

Vannooch,

We haven't gone through a whole winter yet, the first post by moderators, Neil and Bev, was in mid-February. With the number of members that we now have it should prove to be a very active winter on the forum. GO FORUM!! and GO PENN STATE!! and GO STEELERS!! and GO PENGUINS!!
Old 11-12-2010, 08:18 AM   #8

Probably quite a few of us already have their HiLo's in storage. You know the old saying - "Out of sight, out of mind". I don't call it winter, I call it "withdrawal season". Only 154 days left till camping season for me.
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:54 AM   #9

Well our Hi-Lo is out of sight, but not out of mind. I have it winterized, but its also in the repair shop having the right side skirting repaired. Damaged when we had both right side tires blow out (on a Sunday) in the Nevada desert on our way home from our last trip. At the same time had a flat in the right rear Suburban tire. NAILS! We guess that a construction or utility vehicle lost a box of nails going down the highway. We were lucky in that we were only 35 miles from the nearest town. This is the sort of event that makes camping so much fun!

Also having the solar collector replaced... So we'll be more than ready (and able) to get underway this next spring. We're already planning the 2011 camping season to include a trip east to Michigan.
2015 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
JMDoering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:30 AM   #10

Smile

Is kinda wierd no new posts, everyone must be getting ready for winter i guess, I am ready and the 21TL is winterized and put away but the 16 ft traveler is ready for another campout since it has no winterizing to do to it, no water tanks no plumbing or hydraulics to worry about, manual lift system . Going out over thanksgiving weekend Oahe Downstream. Rivers not froze over yet and Walleye and Salmon are waiting to be caught.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:26 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to PopRichie77

I got both trailers winterized. Wish I was there to do some fishing. Oh well got a lot of hunting coming up, then we head for Florida at the end of January.
PopRichie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:25 PM   #12

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

I plan on doing some winter camping in mine. The ski resort opens in Riudoso, NM on Thanksgiving day so I plan on trying it after then sometime. Has anyone developed a winterization checklist like the one on the forum for raising and lowering?
RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:52 PM   #13

I have a birthday party in December and there is no room at the inn-laws (Ha...that's a real knee slapper there), I am considering taking mine to Frederick Md for that.
And a CMA Season's of Refreshing rally in Altoona in Feb. I don't know about the Feb trip, in Md we can hook up to the house and use their plumbing facilities. But in Altoona it would be all Hilo unless we stay at a truckstop or something......
Hey, that gives me an idea....does anyone know of a truckstop near Altoona Pa with a dumpstation?
Old 11-13-2010, 07:55 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichR View Post
Vannooch,

We haven't gone through a whole winter yet, the first post by moderators, Neil and Bev, was in mid-February. With the number of members that we now have it should prove to be a very active winter on the forum. GO FORUM!! and GO PENN STATE!! and GO STEELERS!! and GO PENGUINS!!
Yee Haww! I'm on board with that.

I've been quiet because I've been up to my eyeballs with the new business.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:57 PM   #15

I just read my first post on this thread....I think Im just up to my eyeballs!!!!