Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 09-14-2014, 01:23 PM   #1

Cool HELP 1ST TRIP w/HiLo

Hi everybody well I am about to embark n my first trip this Thursday the 18th. So what help do I need???So here it goes:
1. The electronic hitch, after I line up my car and the hitch and hit the switch and it miraculously goes on the first time, I bring up the round support to the top for traveling. When I get to my site let it down as far as it will go and put the pin in it and then uncouple and lift?? I ask this because one of my neighbors said to have it go higher when I uncouple but I don't see how you can.
2. Bought the sewer hose from Camping World with he EZ coupler ends and don't know if I should have bought the plan blue hose with regular ends? And what are those seals and how do I use them.
3. After hooking up water and electric how do I get water into the toilet for flushing?

I will probably think of more but these are the three most important ones now. I named her finely "Love at first Sight" because when I went to pick her up and saw her for the first time, I fell in love. Thanks for all your help.

Janice Gealey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 03:05 PM   #2
Site Team

Janice, you can uncouple any way that works for you. But, if you have a weight distributing hitch, you'll probably want to use the tongue jack to lift everything pretty high so that you can release the spring bars. Then, retract the tongue jack so that the tongue is supported only by the ball. Release the ball lock on the tongue, and then use the tongue jack to raise the tongue above the ball so that you can drive away.

I don't really know what kind of hose you have. Mine is red, and it has an end that screws on to the trailer drain with about 1/16 turn - just enough to engage the hooks on the hose end with the pins on the drain pipe. Drain the toilet first, then the grey water tank to flush the hose.

The city water connection should pressurize all the water lines in the trailer, including the one in the toilet. It will not have water in the bowl. The water comes in when you pull the flush valve, which also opens the flapper that drains the toilet contents. We don't use the trailer toilet for "solids" - we use the campground toilets for that. This makes cleanup a lot simpler.

Hope this all makes sense. Have fun!

- Jack

Old 09-14-2014, 04:34 PM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

You might need to put a block of wood or a cinder block under the tongue foot if you need to add a little more length to the tongue jack. just make sure it's wider than the foot pad.
RCREYES is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:07 PM   #4
sam

Default camping questions

To put water in our classic toilet the pump must be on. Fill your onboard water tank. Then put your foot under the toilet petal and lift the petal up. This brings water in the toilet. To flush you press down on the toilet petal and the ball valve in the toilet opens up so the contents can go down. Leave some water in your toilet bowl at all times so sewer gasses don't come up. Here is hoping I explained it all correctly.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 11:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam View Post
To put water in our classic toilet the pump must be on. Fill your onboard water tank. Then put your foot under the toilet petal and lift the petal up. This brings water in the toilet. To flush you press down on the toilet petal and the ball valve in the toilet opens up so the contents can go down. Leave some water in your toilet bowl at all times so sewer gasses don't come up. Here is hoping I explained it all correctly.
Depending on the model of toilet, there may be a hand lever instead of a foot pedal.
Luckydog671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:45 AM   #6

Going to hook up to city water or will you have to fill up your fresh water tank?
Pinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:04 AM   #7
Site Team

Janice, I COULD be misleading you. The toilet we have does not have water in the bowl and there is a simple knife blade valve that opens a straight drop to the black water tank when the flush lever is pulled (by hand). This also opens a fairly heavy stream of water to flush everything down.

When not in use, the valve is completely closed, preventing any sewer gases from entering the trailer.

You may have a different kind of toilet, I guess.

- Jack
Old 09-15-2014, 12:31 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice Gealey View Post
Hi everybody well I am about to embark n my first trip this Thursday the 18th. So what help do I need???So here it goes:
1. The electronic hitch, after I line up my car and the hitch and hit the switch and it miraculously goes on the first time, I bring up the round support to the top for traveling. When I get to my site let it down as far as it will go and put the pin in it and then uncouple and lift?? I ask this because one of my neighbors said to have it go higher when I uncouple but I don't see how you can.
These videos may help:

2408T
2010 Nissan Frontier, 4x4, Crew Cab
Norton Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 01:12 PM   #9

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckydog671 View Post
Depending on the model of toilet, there may be a hand lever instead of a foot pedal.
Mine has a handle that you pull half way to fill bowl and all the way opens it up to drop into black water tank.
RCREYES is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:36 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCREYES View Post
Mine has a handle that you pull half way to fill bowl and all the way opens it up to drop into black water tank.
What you said, that's what I meant!
Luckydog671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:18 PM   #11

Default City water vs pump

This might be too late but...this has me recalling our first camping trip…Memorial Day Weekend 2001! We followed the directions that we received at the dealer…and thought everything was going along perfectly until we heard water splashing out of the overflow! When using pressurized "city water" the valve is turned perpendicular to the the water line (not using FW tank) and if filling the fresh water tank the water line valve is open in line till full, then turned horizontal to allow the Shurflo pump to work. When using the pump, you will need to turn the pump on at the monitor. Hope this makes sense.

Elaine and Bill is offline   Reply With Quote