Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 06-05-2015, 06:03 AM   #1

Default HI-LO for parts

I have a 2001 24' camper for sale. Although we had a good time with it, the last few years I have not been able to take care of it and as a result it has suffered water damage beyond my ability to fix. Everything works great, except the body is in bad shape. If someone thinks they can fix it, or simply wants it for its parts, let me know. It has new tires.

GoAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 01:44 PM   #2

We just had our 1998 HiLo fixed by Joel at Midget HiLo parts and service(419-566-2500). The roof leaked over the sink so the cupboard came down. He put on a new roof and repaired the inside damage. Looks like new!

dsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:42 PM   #3
sam

Default Roof repairs

I have a 199025ft. Classic with a rubber roof. It will eventually need to be replaced. Right now it has a 20ft. patch on it and it is dry when it rains. Was your roof rubber? How much did it cost to get the roof repaired? J&R quoted me $6000.00 several yrs ago and he wouldn't give me a guarantee. How many feet is your HiLo? Any quotes you can give me would be appreciated.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 12:51 AM   #4

Why rubber?
I am working on a customers Tioga motor home with a leaking rubber roof (side job for $). It is only 16 years young.
A new rubber roof would co$t at least $5000 and I must ask WHY? WHY put another rubber roof on when a metal roof can be had for about the same price and NEVER go bad.

Look at the metal roof I put on my buddies bumper pull and tell me this looks bad? I think it looks great and no special care needed.

Old School Rick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150606_172802.jpg (101.2 KB, 6 views)
slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 10:04 PM   #5
sam

Default Why put on a rubber roof?

We like the rubber roof as it is easy to clean and recoat. Just our preference. I saw a You tube video on how to replace a rubber roof.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote