Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper
Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 10:11 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
Dear Neal and Bev,

Fabulous news! I knew that you were heavily involved in the site from my readings prior to recently buying my new, albeit 2008 model Hi-Lo (2408T). I am very pleased to learn that you are actually the site owners. Great news for us all! I super appreciate the job you've been doing and am looking forward to many future years of enjoying this site.

To the sponsors: I have already done a significant amount of business with two firms who have advertised on this site. Not to mention names but etrailer.com and Camping World are the initials (plug, plug ).

By the way, I am totally unconcerned about the (probable) lack of warranty support from Hi-Lo, at least for the immediate future. I did my research. It is unlikely that much can or will go wrong with this proven design. If it does, the information you have provided on this site or can provide in future if needed should be sufficient to keep the rubber on the road.

Best regards,

Ed Clark
Unless you need cable parts , They are not available that I could find and have to be custom made

Old 07-20-2011, 10:48 AM   #62

outlaw,

Guess you haven't read any of the many previous posts on this forum. Cable parts are available thru J & R in Butler, Ohio, including cables.

Bob

Old 07-20-2011, 11:49 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcamper47 View Post
outlaw,

Guess you haven't read any of the many previous posts on this forum. Cable parts are available thru J & R in Butler, Ohio, including cables.

Bob
I DITTO that!
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
Old 11-11-2011, 11:06 PM   #64

I just wanted to share that I called J & R Repair last week to ask a question and the gentleman that talked with me, Rob, was awesome. I just had a question about the weight of the trailers and mentioned that I was looking at a 20+ old Fun Chaser and without me even asking he started telling me what to look out for and keep an eye out for. Then he said to call back if I have any other questions. My husband called him a couple of days later with a question about the hi-lo we saw and once again he was totally helpful. This from someone that knew we were across the country in California and not even Hi-Lo owners yet.

I certainly don't want anything to go wrong with the Hi-Lo we will be getting but if it does I will be glad to do business with J & R Repair. Rob was fantastic.

Cheryl
Old 02-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #65

Default What's with the hilo website...

I noticed a post that something is coming in 2012.. will Hi-Lo be starting up again.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:06 AM   #66

Send a message via Yahoo to robobd

and if they do, are they going to assume the past debt owed to suppliers?
Old 02-19-2012, 09:48 AM   #67

unlikely. That debt has probably been long since written off.

Even if it was the exact same people running the show, they would start a "new" business, even if they are using the old one's designs.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:18 PM   #68

It would be a VERY expensive endeavor for a VERY competitive market. Remember, they purportedly auctioned off everything...tools, material, the works. In spite of the economy, they may have even sold off the buildings in Belleville... they seemed pretty dedicated to liquidating the business and all assets.

What has never been reported here in the HTF, is what happened to the Hi-Lo name, and manufacturing rights. Wonder if that stuff was also sold.

The fellow that started up the "official," online Hi-Lo parts store supposedly has the blue prints, supplier info., etc.

Jim
2015 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
Old 02-19-2012, 04:24 PM   #69

Default Hi-Lo Trailer Closes Shop

Robobd -- In all the articles I read during 2010 and 2011, I never saw where they declared bankruptcy or a court designated a receiver for assets of the family-owned company.

The family-owned Hi-Lo Company seems to have just decided to close shop and go out of business and subsequently sold tangible assets. If liens had been placed against Hi-Lo for non-payment of bills, those liens would have included Hi-Lo's intellectual property. Since closing shop, a suitor wants to purchase Hi-Lo's intellectual property and has been in discussion with the Snyder family to obtain rights to such intellectual propety. I doubt talks would be going on if liens had been placed against that particular asset. The person interested in Hi-Lo IP currently makes the new Scotty camper with the retro Scotty look and design of 1950s and 1960s

Dee

Closed Thread