Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 06-13-2010, 06:15 PM   #1

Question hot water

ok first i want to thank everyone for thier help on the other questions we asked. now i have another so here it goes im having trouble getting hot water from our tank to the faucets i made sure we have water presure and when you open the pop off on the tank hot water comes out but i can turn hot on on either sink or shower and leave it but no hot water comes out.can anyone help is there a valve im missing some where?

radrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:28 AM   #2

radrose,

Did you check the anti-freeze drain value underneath the kitchen sink? It is used to drain the water out of the line for winter storage. Something in the cabinet may have closed the valve.

Les 2006 Tacoma, 1997 Tow-Lite

campthewestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:43 AM   #3

radrose

I agree with Les, that's its going to be one of the cut off valves. When we bought our Hi-Lo, we had the same problem. The previous owner had told us something about setting the water valves as part off winterizing it. In the spring I discovered that the valves were positioned on the hot water heater so that it got water, but no hot water could get to the trailer sink or shower. A twist of the knobs.. and we had hot water!

On our 2201, I accessed the valves for the hot water heater, from underneath the couch. Page 28 of this Hi-Lo manual shows the correct position for the valves.

http://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f49/...2004-hi-lo-78/

Neal