Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 02-24-2015, 07:41 PM   #1
Site Team

Default How far for a Hi Lo?

Last Friday a friend and I took a little trip from Naples, Fl. where it was nice and warm, to northern South Carolina to visit with Den2 and see his 2000 24'. after a thorough showing and systems check by a knowledgeable Mr. Den2, I felt my chest swell. I was going to be a Hi Lo owner!
A little history. While camping at Chester Frost in Hixson, Tenn., I watched a couple pull in their spot and 14 mins later the missus was starting dinner! That's what I want!!! Well, that was a few years ago, it's taken me this long to find the right one.
After hooking up and doing a pressure check on the tires, we were ready to roll. A pass to Savanna to see a daughter and get some sleep was in store. Then back to the Sunshine State. Leaving Savanna, it was 33 degrees, crossing into Florida it was 53! Welcome home. Arriving home it was 76.
A full day of washing, compounding and waxing led to one beautiful rig. Another day of learning systems and reading a complete set of a new owners packet, de-winterizing and touch up leads me to feel confident enough to get ready to go to a local campground (Hard to do in SW Fl.) and check out The Hi Lo Life.
Many thanks to all of those helped me make this hook-up with Den2 and his very nice Missus. It really paid off. I'll upload pictures soon as I can.

Treeclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 08:03 PM   #2
Site Team

Congratulations! Looking forward to pictures and tales of your adventures.

- Jack

Old 02-24-2015, 09:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeclimber View Post
Last Friday a friend and I took a little trip from Naples, Fl. where it was nice and warm, to northern South Carolina to visit with Den2 and see his 2000 24'. after a thorough showing and systems check by a knowledgeable Mr. Den2, I felt my chest swell. I was going to be a Hi Lo owner!
A little history. While camping at Chester Frost in Hixson, Tenn., I watched a couple pull in their spot and 14 mins later the missus was starting dinner! That's what I want!!! Well, that was a few years ago, it's taken me this long to find the right one.
After hooking up and doing a pressure check on the tires, we were ready to roll. A pass to Savanna to see a daughter and get some sleep was in store. Then back to the Sunshine State. Leaving Savanna, it was 33 degrees, crossing into Florida it was 53! Welcome home. Arriving home it was 76.
A full day of washing, compounding and waxing led to one beautiful rig. Another day of learning systems and reading a complete set of a new owners packet, de-winterizing and touch up leads me to feel confident enough to get ready to go to a local campground (Hard to do in SW Fl.) and check out The Hi Lo Life.
Many thanks to all of those helped me make this hook-up with Den2 and his very nice Missus. It really paid off. I'll upload pictures soon as I can.
Congratulations Treeclimber on your purchase. Your Hi Low will provide many, many years of enjoyment.
1999 21T Tow Lite
Garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:47 AM   #4

Congrats to you.
Pinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 01:02 AM   #5

treeclimber, since I'm up late working on my taxes, I thought I would take a break and congratulate you on your Hi-Lo purchase. You selected a good time to pick up your Hi-Lo in northern South Carolina, as the last few days up there has been a skating rink for vehicles. We live in the low country of South Carolina (about 100 miles from Savannah) and are living with, at most, off and on freezing rain. We dream of our time a couple of weeks ago in Fort Myers and it's nice warm temperatures, not far from Naples. Since Fort Myers was our third stop in southern Florida without our Hi-Lo, we took a look around for acceptable campgrounds in the area. In our transit to the Florida west coast via Tamiami Trail, we found a neat campground in the Everglades called Cypress. During the winter, we really love your Everglades and the wildlife; a plus is that there are no insects flying around that time of year.

Dee
Summerville, SC
Hi-Lo 2509 Classic
Dee Tillotson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:55 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Tillotson View Post
treeclimber, since I'm up late working on my taxes, I thought I would take a break and congratulate you on your Hi-Lo purchase. You selected a good time to pick up your Hi-Lo in northern South Carolina, as the last few days up there has been a skating rink for vehicles. We live in the low country of South Carolina (about 100 miles from Savannah) and are living with, at most, off and on freezing rain. We dream of our time a couple of weeks ago in Fort Myers and it's nice warm temperatures, not far from Naples. Since Fort Myers was our third stop in southern Florida without our Hi-Lo, we took a look around for acceptable campgrounds in the area. In our transit to the Florida west coast via Tamiami Trail, we found a neat campground in the Everglades called Cypress. During the winter, we really love your Everglades and the wildlife; a plus is that there are no insects flying around that time of year.

Dee
Summerville, SC
Hi-Lo 2509 Classic
Dee, are you and Beach going to make it to the rally in June? If so lets meet up and travel together. We plan to get there on Sat.
2017 Silvarado, crew cab 1500 6.2L gas w/ 8 speed tranny
central VA
JIM L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 01:24 PM   #7
Site Team

Default how far for a Hi Lo?

Thanks everyone for the welcome! Looking forward to being an active member as I'm sure I have a lot to learn. Like fixing the strings on the shades. Found a cure for those "sewing machine bobbin look-a-like" string holders. I DID find the repair instructions, but several "bobbins are messed up. I took an appropriate sized washer and drilled small holes in close to each other, tied retied the strings as short as I could and used the screw to adjust tension. Worked perfect. When I figure out how to resize and upload pics, I'll pass them along with an explanation. Thanks again.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:14 PM   #8
sam

Default Welcome to the forum

Treeclimber Welcome to the forum. You are official as you have done your first repair to you day and night shades. Best of luck in all your camping adventures.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 07:29 AM   #9

Treeclimber,
Glad to hear things are going OK. I figured out that my air compressor chuck was frozen, that's why we had trouble airing up your tires. Still cold here but warming up soon we hope.
The misses read this thread and told me "I wish we had our Hi-Lo" but I know your giving it TLC and will enjoy camping in her.
Best Wishes,
Den 2 & Pam
Den2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 12:40 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM L View Post
Dee, are you and Beach going to make it to the rally in June? If so lets meet up and travel together. We plan to get there on Sat.
Jim, we will be in Mobile, Alabama attending a wedding in June. Logic won out in this decision, as we don't get to see extended family members very often anymore. This will be an opportunity to see family we have not seen in years. We know you all will have a great time at the Wisconsin Rally, and hope it will be thawed out up there by early June.

Dee
Hi-Lo 2509C Classic
Dee Tillotson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 05:46 PM   #11
Site Team

Den & Pam. Hi there, just wanted to let you know, the Hi Lo is in beautiful shape. all shiny and clean. All systems in order. Right rear corner is low, but an easy fix thanks to your diligent maintenance. Good job. Right now we're in Costa Rica ( without the trailer ). Several sites lined up in the south east and Ga mts. Good hearing from you, let you know when we get back.
A fine hello to everyone at the forum! !