Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 08-27-2012, 03:02 PM   #1

Default How high the AC Momma?

I suppose the measuring question has been figured out by now, but for other owners of HiLos... try this.

I posted this comment in an older thread from a question asked "how high is my trailer from the top of the A/C to the ground.? I want to put it in a garage."

There are several different heighth dimensons that could be discovered due to trailer model, A/C model, tire size, etc.. I thought it a good idea to bring it forward, and air it again. I know it sounds simple, but this is a thought to be considered.

"How high is the AC Momma?" [/I]

Providing your HiLo is setting on a driveway, or level surface, place a step ladder next to it. One member climbs the ladder.

Place one end of a 2 by 4 at least 8 foot long, (or use a long rod, or pole), on the top of the AC unit with the camper raised. Family member on the ladder raises the opposite end until you think it looks near horizontal as possible. Measure the distance from the bottom of the 2 by 4 to the ground.

One thing to remember though. Most garage door openings have a slight rise from ground level into the garage. This keeps rain water from flowing into the garage. Just remember to make compensation for the fact a trailer will rise also as it goes up into the garage.

Lots of Luck...

Old 08-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to PopRichie77

Sounds like good advice.
(2209T) - 2009 22' TowLite
(2510 ) - 2010 25'
PopRichie77 is offline   Reply With Quote