Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 04-08-2017, 09:44 PM   #1

Default i have a thetford aqua flush iv what do i need

what do I need for this toilet to put it thru my floor? all I have is the toilet. it is a hand flush. what all do I need after I drill hole in the floor for it? I think it is 3 1/4 inch opening. I don't think I need the riser, i haven't checked, but I will look tomorrow. I do need the hose and that assembly also. I am hooking it to blue water tank not black, the tank will lay on the ground under it. thanks

maestro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:07 AM   #2
Site Team

You need a water supply TO it, of course to flush with. My toilet drops straight into the black water tank. There's no "P-trap" or anything like that to stop odors, so we use a tank sanitizer/deodorizer in the tank. There's also a vent (the stink pipe) that runs from the black tank to above the roof of the trailer. I can't see how you'd have that with your setup.

How do you plan to empty the waste tank? It will be very heavy when full.

- Jack

Old 04-09-2017, 04:47 PM   #3

Default well jack the toilet

I already have a t for it from the 12v pump w/shutoff valve. it will have a constant water suppply. flush with gravity feed to maybe not even have to turn pump on. the stink/gas pipe will be schedule 40 pvc fitted into the tank along the edge outside IF I even need it being it will be separate from the toilet not dropping strait to holding tank, its going thru 4" pipe to tank.. to above roof and will be removable. if I decide to do it that way.so it will be flushable with water from front tank, its a a hand flush. model iv. none of that even worries me. i went over to sand walls to restain and urethane later, but shoulders and leg hurting to bad.
I didn't get around to messing with it today. I know I need a seal and a flange but don't know how high the toilet will come up, and I am putting wheels on the blue tank with a handle. that's all figured out a long time ago. yrs. ago you could order that same toilet in that same camper in the same compartment custom ordered.. it was called a marine toilet.
I need to find out what I need to install it thru the floor. should be easy enuff to do tho.
I found a whole truck bed of free stuff yesterday, 2 big cages, a small cage, etc guess what was in with it all? a 4 wheel dolly that only needs 1 bolt in the end of it. it will work for my generator perfectly. I picked up this coleman stove for 5 bucks at this junk store we have, they list for around 40-50 new. reselling it for $25.00
how are you doing?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dolly.jpg (383.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg free1.jpg (248.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg lilcagedgfedbigcagefrnt1.jpg (339.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg colmane1.jpg (192.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 04-09-2017, 05:31 PM   #4
Site Team

You DO find things, don't you?

I'm fine, decided to remove some low hanging limbs from juniper trees on my property today, as part of fire protection. So, now I have a truckload of tree slash to get rid of.

- Jack
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 08:55 PM   #5

Default yes i do

I look for things! was doing a lot of scrapping b4 priced fell.
seems what I need when I need it falls into my lap lol
never seen a juniper tree. glad you are good! I been doing this for years! but never had anything I had been needing just appear out of no where land. lol
Old 04-09-2017, 10:01 PM   #6
sam

Default I have what I need

My husband often does free handyman work for our friend that is a paraplegic. Then when I needed dinning room chairs she gave me some perfectly good $200.00 chairs that were collecting dust in her barn. Another friend gave us the most beautiful oak head and foot board. I have a few friends that walk around town and are able to get the parts I need. My Mom would always go to garage sales and come up with what I needed. My neighbor got a new mattress set from a hotel..still all wrapped up new. She sold me the set for $25.00. It was queen size. Truth be told..the older stuff is far superior to what you buy brand new.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote