Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 06-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #1

Default I now love Hilo again.

Reading this forum I discovered the HiLo Operations videos on Youtube and I absolutely love them. I have owned my 1994 Hilo 195L now for about a year in a half maybe even two but there were certain things I either didn’t know or could not figure out. Yesterday Saturday I took the camper home and scrubbed it hard with 409 cleaner and discovered a brighter newer camper. I caulked around the corners, lubricated the cables, water in the battery, painted the frame and bumpers, and cleaned it from head to toe. I didn’t know that I had to put hydraulic fluid in the pump nor grease on the lift bar underneath the camper, thank goodness for the video. Since I purchased the camper I have not been able to get the heater nor stove to work even though my propane tanks were almost full. I took them to U-Haul to top them off as I plan to go camping next weekend only to discover that both tank valves were bad. Once I replaced them like magic my stove worked and furnace worked. I am now in love with this little camper all over again. This was the first time I tried to tow it with my new 2013 Ford Escape with Ecoboost, I was a little nervous at first but wow it towed it without any problems.
My only issue is that I still have not been able to figure out how to lower the awning. I watched the video and I think my awning maybe different than the one on Youtube perhaps because I have an older unit. Also I cannot find the lanyard to pull the tarp down, I think is wrapped up in the awning. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to lower this unit without the lanyard? Any thoughts or other things to look out for on a Hilo 195l?

Anyplace around chicago that can service the unit? I would like to find out where I can take the unit to get the gasket between the two halfs replaced.

kayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to PopRichie77

Call JR Repair in Butler Ohio, they are the original Hi-LO repair. Home - JR REPAIR
You are looking at a rather large bill to have that seal replaced, but call them and they will give you a quote.
You can buy the seal and replace it your self, http://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f61/...ket-repair-91/

(2209T) - 2009 22' TowLite
(2510 ) - 2010 25'
PopRichie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker View Post
Reading this forum I discovered the HiLo Operations videos on Youtube and I absolutely love them. I have owned my 1994 Hilo 195L now for about a year in a half maybe even two but there were certain things I either didn’t know or could not figure out. Yesterday Saturday I took the camper home and scrubbed it hard with 409 cleaner and discovered a brighter newer camper. I caulked around the corners, lubricated the cables, water in the battery, painted the frame and bumpers, and cleaned it from head to toe. I didn’t know that I had to put hydraulic fluid in the pump nor grease on the lift bar underneath the camper, thank goodness for the video. Since I purchased the camper I have not been able to get the heater nor stove to work even though my propane tanks were almost full. I took them to U-Haul to top them off as I plan to go camping next weekend only to discover that both tank valves were bad. Once I replaced them like magic my stove worked and furnace worked. I am now in love with this little camper all over again. This was the first time I tried to tow it with my new 2013 Ford Escape with Ecoboost, I was a little nervous at first but wow it towed it without any problems.
My only issue is that I still have not been able to figure out how to lower the awning. I watched the video and I think my awning maybe different than the one on Youtube perhaps because I have an older unit. Also I cannot find the lanyard to pull the tarp down, I think is wrapped up in the awning. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to lower this unit without the lanyard? Any thoughts or other things to look out for on a Hilo 195l?

Anyplace around chicago that can service the unit? I would like to find out where I can take the unit to get the gasket between the two halfs replaced.
I have a 1995 tow-lite and the awning is in a bag. with a double zipper on the back of the bag. Hope this helps.

Marty
ritmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:20 PM   #4

Marty,

I have an awning that is attached to my camper like others, it is not in a bag I just don't know how to deploy it. thanks for responding

Michael
kayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #5
sam

Default awning deployment

I will be unrolling my awning for washing this week. I will try to take some pictures and post. Hopefully this is the same kind of awning you have. Lots of rain predicted this week. Yuck,DH is really struggling to get the garden in.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote