Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 04-06-2019, 12:23 PM   #1

Default Lighting wiring

I have a 1986 Hi Lo Voyager and I think we blew the wiring or breaker for the lighting ? I reset the breaker in the camper but still nothing is going to the bathroom fan or lights. Can someone assist me so that I can find the main location to rewire the lights?
Also does anyone know of a HILO repair place in colorado? I get funny looks at Camper World for any parts or questions I have ��
Thank you in advance

Tawna

ayerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 01:48 PM   #2

Tawna:

It's not likely that you need any rewiring. Did you check the fuse? Are you plugged into shore power or running on battery?

Yeah, don't go to Camper World.....

Everything, except the lift system, is generic to the rest of the RV world, so no need to look for specific Hi-Lo technicians. I've used Pro-Tech in the Springs and was real happy.

Others will chime in soon,

piperjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 05:14 PM   #3

The lights do not operate through a breaker, they are fused. Track down the fuse location and check them.
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 11:33 PM   #4

Default Lighting problems as well.

I have a 1984 2184D not sue what model that is. I was working on the lights replacing bulbs and now all of the lights will not work on 110 power now. The AC works all of the pumps work all of the outlets work inside and out. I have reset the breakers & gfci all but one seem to shut something off, can circuit beakers go bad? I have not tried the 12v system yet due to dead battery, I was given this trailer by my parents, needs TLC but this is the first real problem I've run into that I can't figure out.
hejlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 07:23 AM   #5

Sounds like Fuse and possible switch at door in panel where you raise and lower..Seems like one kill most 12vdc...Get good battery or jumper cable /charger and see what you got then....Not sure with your model but I got fuses under front left under seat along with 12vdc water pump and hot water heater and converter
cva34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 08:17 AM   #6
Site Team

Lighting is 12v. The shore power (110v) may be enough to run the pumps, sounds odd. As cva34 says, get a good deep cycle battery (ensure of the height so's not to short it out). Don't know if your changing over to LEDs or not, but I have found some LEDs are POSITIVE ground and won't work . They didn't on my running lights.
Tree
Bonita Springs, Fl. &
Andrews, NC
Treeclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 08:38 AM   #7

Thank you for the recommendation. I have contacted them and shortly will be setting up an appt to have them look at that and a few other items for me. I have had to basically renovate this entire camper and I am just about done except for a few items that I just can not do myself. Thank you again
ayerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 03:26 PM   #8

Found it. It was a blown fuse inside the transformer. Thanks allot. Hope to get it repaired and out this season. Happy travels!
hejlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 09:59 PM   #9

Thx we always like to hear what it was. and might help next guy,,,enjoy
cva34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 07:45 AM   #10

I have a 1990 and when I bought it the kitchen vent-a-hood and lights under cabinet would not work. all 15 amp fuses were good. The problem was that this circuit was no longer grounded for some reason. Find a ground wire (white) on your bath wiring and splice into it and find a place where you can get a proper ground. I tied into the white wire and drilled a hole thru the wall inside a cabinet into the metal framework and screwed it down. Circuit came back on and working perfectly. The lights and fan work off of the 12 volt DC electrical.

Freddiefreeloader is offline   Reply With Quote