Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 08-03-2019, 09:13 PM   #1

Default Our second HiLo.

What we have discovered so far. A good washing revealed that two areas on the front had been banged up to the fiberglass. Took a trip to the body shop nd he advised us to fill with silicone caulk and smooth out with a razor blade. We had lexel caulk on hand so we used this. On small inperfect spot on the side near the roof line that he advised us to put clear nailpolish on. It was done. Body shop guy noticed a small yellow line down the side. Advised to use oven cleaner on it. Did this and it worked. DH took out all exterior bulbs and we washed lenses and installed with blue grease. Climbed on roof and washed with dirtex cleaner as it leaves no film. Then DH taped off and applied two coats of kol seal for metal roof. One soft spot noted near vent pipe. Bought grey hammered paint to do steps and tongue. Prep will be wire brushing and clean with paint thinner. Ran out of time to do this before our six day vacation. Replaced three plastic glides on bottom of drawers. One drawer is too big and heavy with stuff. The plastic glide cracked. Need a metal drawer glide!!Couldn't take apart skylight to clean as you would have to cut the caulk on the roof. One button missing from upholstery. Replacement was brown. Sprayed with grey hammer tone paint. Was loose fitting so I rolled up a couple pieces of scotch tape to put inside the button and this snugged it up nicely.Told DH "see I can fix things." Plans are to put the HiLo in the body shop after our last campout in Oct. He will have to repair and paint the damaged fiberglass . It entails painting the entire front cap. The seals seem to be keeping out most of the dirt. However,they are crumbling orange crumbles. Just ina few spots. Just like our old HiLo. We probably get repaired at J&R over the winter. DH crawled under and lubed the cables and guide rod. Really needed this. Had the truck keys in his pocket and set off the truck alarm. Need to wire in surge protector and install rugs for steps. Installed new ADA height toilet. Love this as it uses less water than old toilet.

Usagi5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 09:35 PM   #2

Default Our maiden voyage.

Took us forever to get packed up and out on the road. DH decided last minute that we didn't have enough pop and dry cat food. Lost 1 and 1/2 hour running to Walmart. The tongue is trickier than our other HiLo. DH hates it. Tows great with brand new tires and rims. Got to Darien Lake state park on our usual site. The site is level with no lynx levelers needed. The AC worked great as it was very hot and humid. Only forgot my Taco that I left at home in the freezer. DH for got his electric razor. Went out to dinner. Love love our custom foam mattress and mattress topper. The bed is a queen. Only hitch is I have to wake DH up to get into bed. I have to be buy a plug for my cpap machine. DH gets the outside for easier trips to the BR.Had to change a few outside light bulbs. Need to trouble shoot the front tongue light. Could be a bad switch. Really enjoyed out HiLo. It has extra cupboards above the queen beds on both sides. Managed to fill up most of the cupboards. Had to get used to where I put things as the layout is reversed for our old HiLo. Enjoyed three night of campfires. Had a tree trimmer come in..so next year I can enjoy our expensive seasoned firewood. Looking forward to more camping trips this year.
Usagi5678 is offline   Reply With Quote