Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 05-04-2010, 04:11 PM   #1

Default Outside Mirrors

Just purchased a 25C that according to specs it is 100" wide. What extension mirrors would anyone recommend to attach to my 2004 Buick Rainier's existing mirrors so I can see better?

jedelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:48 AM   #2

jedelen -

One of the most popular add on towing mirrors is McKesh. I have a pair of slip on mirrors, they slip over my existing mirrors, they're ok, but my next mirrors will be the McKesh, unless I go all the way and replace my mirrors with permanent extendable mirrors.

I think many of the lessor mirror extensions, aren't going to extend enough to give you what you need, they also tend to vibrate and not stay in position.

Take a look at this link: McKesh Mirrors

Neal

Old 05-06-2010, 07:07 AM   #3

I'm currently using these:

I_209706_SW_1.jpg

So far they are working well for me. They are made by Reese and have a wide view and a blind spot mirror.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg I_209706_SW_3.jpg (8.1 KB, 14 views)
Towlighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:11 AM   #4

The McKesh mirrors are nice but a tad expensive for what they are. I have a pair or these I got at JC Whitney and have been very happy with them after 14,000 miles of use.
TEMPORARY DOOR MOUNT TOWING MIRRORS - JCWhitney
To tell you the truth I think they may be exactly the same product under a different name and at on third the cost!
Good luck
Xcalak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 02:49 AM   #5

When I first started pulling my Hi-Lo, I went through several sets of mirrors before I hit a home run! I now have and would recommend the McKesh strap on mirrors by Hensley. Make sure you also get the small convex mirrors as they really make a difference. The other thing I did was to have my wife drive her car along the side of me (going slow) just so I could get a feeling of how vehicles showed up in the mirrors at different locations as they went by (did this for both sides). Between the Durango's mirror and the Hensley's (makes for 3 mirrors on each side) there is really no spot where another vehicle will not show up in one of them.
skmwalden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:22 PM   #6

Default Mirror trick

We have a 1998, 26rd. Tow it with F150 supercab. Bought a set of extension mirrors at Camping World. Not sure of the brand. They work great, however with the plain flat side o the trailer plus length of truck was hard to tell where the end was. Ah Ha!, I add two compression springs, painted orange at a spot under the plastic tray and onto the frame. Now I can see just where the end is, plus it is not a knee knocker. By the way some fire truck makers are adding a rear mounted lighted "curb feeler" for the same problem.

fireguy69 is offline   Reply With Quote