Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 04-27-2015, 06:38 PM   #1

Default Passing the torch

I have some really great news to share with everyone!

As you know HiLo Trailer Forum is arguably the best source of information for anyone interested in HiLo Travel Trailers. Bev and I started the forum and you grew it, because we couldn't find the information we needed for our HiLo trailers anywhere else. We figured that the combined knowledge of HiLo Owners would be a wealth of information that everyone could benefit from and with everyone’s help HTF has been a huge success.

The first couple of years Bev and I were very active on the site, but due to personal circumstances we parked and later sold our beloved HiLo. RichR and Campthewestcoast stepped up as Moderaters and with the help of others continue to this day to make HTF run smoothly and be a success. I'd like to take this opportunity to say thank you to them for all of their hard work, it means a lot to us and the entire HiLo community.

Because HTF is so important to the HiLo community we promised all of you that we would do all we could to ensure the survival of HTF.

The great news is that we've found the perfect home for HTF that will do just that. Earlier this month a fellow camper, Andy Robinowitz, took ownership of HTF. Andy cut his teeth on building a forum for Air Stream campers in 2002 and continued on to build a company devoted to community forums called Social Knowledge. HTF is now part of the Social Knowledge community Network.

What does this mean to our HTF community? It means that our little community will be around for many years to come!

Happy Camping!
Neal and Bev
:-)

Old 04-27-2015, 07:36 PM   #2
Site Team

Neal & Bev,

Thanks for entrusting in us to this amazing little forum community. I've PMed with RichR and look forward to meeting Campthewestcoast and the rest of the members here. We'll take good care of the site and make sure backups are in place (and test them to make sure the backups are working). I am acutely aware of how important the knowledge that is exchanged is on forums like this.

You all will notice some other friendly faces from my team around making sure everyone is being well taken care of. Janet is my left hand gal, she'll be checking in often. Tech Admin is an account Jeff uses for the server and software updates. We'll also install a mobile friendly skin and set up native smartphone apps so you can access the site on an iPhone or Android.

Once again, thanks for having the faith in us to continue what you started. This is a great site and I'm very proud to be part of it now!

If you all have any questions please ask!

Andy

Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:32 PM   #3

I would like to express my gratitude to Neal and Bev for starting this forum about five years ago. When I discovered it there were only a hand full of members, as of this moment there are 6,710 members. With the demise of the HiLo company the Forum has helped many Hi-Lo owners through many experiences. Thanks to the great bond we seem to have here that is so helpful to us all. Problems have been few and the friendliness of the members have made this a good place to hang out. Other than a few spammers my job as moderator has been easy, thanks to the members that frequent the forum.

Thank you Neal and Bev, and please check in often.

AndyR, Thank you for picking up the ball and I look forward to seeing you around. When I first heard from you I thought you were a spammer and I wasn't sure what you were up to. But it is all clear to me now.

RichR

PS: I have a son who was known as Andy R when he was in grade school and he had a good friend Andy B. That's how they were identified in school. So when I saw AndyR it caught my attention.
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:47 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichR View Post
PS: I have a son who was known as Andy R when he was in grade school and he had a good friend Andy B. That's how they were identified in school. So when I saw AndyR it caught my attention.
Sounds like you gave him a great name! Our graphic designer is Andy S. Even more Andys around you now!
Old 04-27-2015, 09:22 PM   #5

Andy R, this sounds like the owner of Cruisers Forum and Trawler Forum. I believe Janet maybe Janet H. If so we can certainly look for many improvements, and this site moving to a higher level.

I have been active on Trawler Forum, and you have done a great job there.

Thanks for taking over.

Don
Tennessee/Greenest state in the land of the free
moonstruckblog.wordpress.com
Moonstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 11:04 PM   #6

Neal and Bev.

Thanks so much for starting the whole thing. We all owe you much. I hope the future holds happy and fulfilling endeavors for you. Thanks, again.

2010 Nissan Titan king cab SE
4x4
hilltool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 11:45 PM   #7
Site Team

My thanks to you too, Neal and Bev. I found this forum shortly after we bought our 2007 trailer. Over the years, it's been a lifesaver. I hope I've been able to give back a fraction of the help it's given me.

You performed a great service when you started this forum, and we all owe you more than we could ever repay.

Hope to hear from you now and then.

- Jack (and Janet)
Old 04-28-2015, 11:58 AM   #8

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Thanks, Neal and Bev!

Welcome aboard, Andy!
RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:25 PM   #9

Neal and Bev,

Thank you!

2408T
2010 Nissan Frontier, 4x4, Crew Cab
Norton Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal and Bev View Post
I have some really great news to share with everyone!

As you know HiLo Trailer Forum is arguably the best source of information for anyone interested in HiLo Travel Trailers. Bev and I started the forum and you grew it, because we couldn't find the information we needed for our HiLo trailers anywhere else. We figured that the combined knowledge of HiLo Owners would be a wealth of information that everyone could benefit from and with everyone’s help HTF has been a huge success.

The first couple of years Bev and I were very active on the site, but due to personal circumstances we parked and later sold our beloved HiLo. RichR and Campthewestcoast stepped up as Moderaters and with the help of others continue to this day to make HTF run smoothly and be a success. I'd like to take this opportunity to say thank you to them for all of their hard work, it means a lot to us and the entire HiLo community.

Because HTF is so important to the HiLo community we promised all of you that we would do all we could to ensure the survival of HTF.

The great news is that we've found the perfect home for HTF that will do just that. Earlier this month a fellow camper, Andy Robinowitz, took ownership of HTF. Andy cut his teeth on building a forum for Air Stream campers in 2002 and continued on to build a company devoted to community forums called Social Knowledge. HTF is now part of the Social Knowledge community Network.

What does this mean to our HTF community? It means that our little community will be around for many years to come!

Happy Camping!
Neal and Bev
:-)
Thank you Neal and Bev for creating such a great forum. This is such a great group it would be a disaster if it disappeared. Thank you, thank you, thank you. And to Andy, thank you for picking it up.
1999 21T Tow Lite
Garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 03:42 PM   #11

Sad to see that the only current post from the infamous Neal and Bev I get to read is their farewell post. Thanks so much for what you started here. It really is a vast resource of Hi Lo info and a community of really great people. I have made some good friends here and look forward to making many more. Welcome aboard Andy and I look forward to seeing what you have planned for the forum!
misfit429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 05:33 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonstruck View Post
Andy R, this sounds like the owner of Cruisers Forum and Trawler Forum. I believe Janet maybe Janet H. If so we can certainly look for many improvements, and this site moving to a higher level.

Thanks for taking over.

Don
Don got it right - good sleuthing

I've been helping out Andy for a number of years and love to camp. I first met Andy R on a forum about Airstreams (I was trying to figure out how to restore mine) and over the years we've found that forums about fun topics are cool places, filled with interesting people. It looks like you've built a lovely community and I'm pleased to be able to help in any way I can.

So here's the snap shot: I live in the Pacific NW and love to camp and sail. I am also a musician and have a little trio - we tour around a bit and keep busy.

Over the next few months we'll add a few new features and possibly an updated look for the forum but for now I'm just happy to be here - thanks for the warm welcome.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:33 PM   #13

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Don got it right - good sleuthing

I've been helping out Andy for a number of years and love to camp. I first met Andy R on a forum about Airstreams (I was trying to figure out how to restore mine) and over the years we've found that forums about fun topics are cool places, filled with interesting people. It looks like you've built a lovely community and I'm pleased to be able to help in any way I can.

So here's the snap shot: I live in the Pacific NW and love to camp and sail. I am also a musician and have a little trio - we tour around a bit and keep busy.

Over the next few months we'll add a few new features and possibly an updated look for the forum but for now I'm just happy to be here - thanks for the warm welcome.
Welcome Janet!
RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:36 PM   #14

Sounds like good times will continue to roll. Good byes and welcomes y'all, from way down south.
Wrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 01:42 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonstruck View Post

Thanks for taking over.

Don
Hey Don, nice to see you here. You know I'm kind of jealous of you these days with a boat, RV and TIME to enjoy them! I've got my hands full with a 3 & 5 year old so a different chapter in life. I really look forward to the day when I can get out and do a little more travelling! For now we have to be weekend warriors.
Old 04-29-2015, 03:22 PM   #16

Welcome Janet H, We too love sailing and camping! We purchased our Hi Lo last year, found this site, and it has been a life saver. Lots of good people on this site, once again welcome aboard!
desert trailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 03:30 PM   #17

Hi Andy,

Neal and Bev did a great job of putting together the only crowd sourced information site on Hi-Lo trailers. The manufacturer is out of business, so this site is a lifeline for Hi-Lo owners. It has certainly been a great help to me. I am fairly new here, but the old hands are generous with their knowledge and help.

Having seen what you and Janet can do with a site, I look forward with great expectations. There are a limited number of Hi-Lo owners, but we need them all here. They will be made to feel at home as I was.

Don't be in too big a hurry to reach my position. Time is short at this stage.

Don
Tennessee/Greenest state in the land of the free
moonstruckblog.wordpress.com
Moonstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 06:28 PM   #18

Adding my thanks as well to Neal & Bev, and welcome to Andy and Janet! Due to the uniqueness of our trailers, I too would be lost without this forum, so good to see the succession planning that is going on. Also, thanks to our moderators who keep things squared away!

Lots of good folks and information on this forum. Looking forward to any new features that might be introduced!

Thanks again,
Luckydog671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:20 PM   #19

I can not recall how I came across this forum, but have learned a ton! I came on today as advice is still needed!! Thanks a bunch for all you did and for all you are going to do!!

Elaine and Bill is offline   Reply With Quote