Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 07-30-2016, 02:56 PM   #1

Default Room Divider

I wonder if anyone has a room divider curtain installed. There is a curtain hanger across the top of the ceiling with hooks available and I suppose it's for an optional room divider. I've never seen pictures of the option in use. I thought it might be handy - maybe similar to the heavy curtain for the bath area - but I would think it had to be cut at different lengths to accommodate the cabinets heights?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01407.jpg (102.7 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01413.jpg (107.5 KB, 24 views)

Yerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 04:05 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi, Yerg. I've never seen that before. My guess is, it's a "previous owner mod". I suppose it offers some privacy, if one feels the need, but I think it would be a lot of trouble, and kind of "in the way".

- Jack

Old 07-30-2016, 08:35 PM   #3
sam

Default Privacy curtain

I have a heavy woven roll up shade where my dinette ends and the sofa couch begins. It matches the BR. dividers. We just leave it rolled up and the cord wrapped around the hardware. We used it for a short amt. of time and then decided it was a pain to keep rolling up. DH usualy goes to bed before I do. I can't read in bed. I end up out at the campfire reading with my headband LED light on. If the bugs leave me alone. If I come inside I prop pillows at my back and pad the toilet seat so I can read without the light bothering anyone. No Rv is ever perfect. If you would put a curtain on your track it would have to be rolled up for travel or else it would get caught when lowering the HiLo.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 07:59 PM   #4

Hi Yerg, we have one in our 1994 classic/voyager, it came factory installed from the notes I have found in the paperwork and has a privacy curtain that pulls across the sleeping area.
j joy j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 12:16 PM   #5

These are all good comments. I did wonder if something like this was available, and if it was, is it something that would just get in the way? I think I could have something made but I'd really like to see it in use before I made the effort.
Old 08-01-2016, 08:31 PM   #6
sam

Default Pictures of curtain.

Today I was at my HiLo getting my lawn chairs. We didn't even use them for family reunion. It was so hot!! Sometime soon I will take pictures of the curtain rolled up and one with it down.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:07 PM   #7

Thanks Sam, I'd very much like to see.
Old 08-05-2016, 12:02 PM   #8
sam

DSCN0844.jpg

DSCN0845.jpg

DSCN0846.jpg

DSCN0847.jpg

Here are the pictures that I promised you. My thoughts are that you could sew a simple curtain that would be so much more cost effective. I don;t even know if you could buy one from JR or Midget in Ohio. I would think the price would be crazy expensive.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:48 PM   #9

Thanks for the pictures. I'm thinking now that I'm better letting well enough alone, and the room divider would get so little use that it wouldn't prove any value to me.
Old 08-05-2016, 07:35 PM   #10
sam

Default Room divider

Even though I have a room divider I don't use it.
Old 07-17-2020, 01:32 AM   #11

Default Updating room dividers

We just got our hi-lo 29b this month. I would like to update our dividers. Has anyone tried installing curtains Instead. Do they work well? I was also thinking about using light cotton fabric to cover the dividers and attaching with velcro as to not change the usability. Hoping to update dividers, curtains and cushions on a budget. Any thoughts,cautions or tips?
Ps. This is also our first camper.
Thank you!

Happyharmony is offline   Reply With Quote