Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 04-06-2017, 06:45 PM   #1

Default Sad day for the Hilo

Today I was informed that there was a mishap with my 2010 Hilo while in storage. The owner/renter of the space accidentally backed into her with a landscape trailer. Not a happy day but he is a super nice 80 something yr old and it was truly an accident. He is more than willing to take care of all the damages, so we will be off to Mantelli Trailer Sales in Lockport, NY.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Camperdamage1.jpg (203.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Camperdamage2.jpg (186.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Camperdamage5.jpg (114.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Camperdamage4.jpg (220.8 KB, 13 views)

Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 06:54 PM   #2

wow bummer! sorry to see that. I bet its more to fix than anyone realizes too. darn. sorry. oh well look for other damage that was there already, get it fixed too at the same time lmao. j'king lol

maestro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 06:58 PM   #3

For sure going to have the dealer make sure nothing got knocked out of wacky for the lift system.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:01 PM   #4

yeppers, could have ya know? I am mike, nice to meet you. sorry for your mishap. I bet the dude feels like poop for doing it tho. it will all work out tho, be better than new.
good luck let us know what happens ok?
Old 04-06-2017, 07:21 PM   #5

Sure will Mike. Ya the guy is actually a good friend and co-workers father-in-law. He charges me next to nothing for the storage. Hate to say you get what you pay for.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:29 PM   #6

us old fella's are always good at payin our debts. chances are his insurance is paying so I would you know fudge it a little just me that's how I am lmao.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:33 PM   #7

I'm new on this forum and wondered if it was up to date
Susie and Denny White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 07:46 PM   #8

He's a straight up old time farmer. Pays cash for everything. I wouldn't do that to him, we both know all we want i's it repaired correctly no more no less.
Old 04-06-2017, 08:44 PM   #9
sam

Default Sorry about your accident

I regret to inform you that Mantelli trailer sales isn't able to get parts to repair HiLos from J&R. J&R doesn't seem to eith answer his phone or respong to emails in a timely manner. I would strongly encourage you to email J&R a photo of your damage. J&R is the only one to repair this properly!! Now is his off season so it would be a good time for him to work on it. Hope this helps.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:14 PM   #10

I want Mantelli to check the lift system for any possible mis alignment. There is no inside damage. The damage appears to be outer. A trip right now to Ohio is simply not an option.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:31 PM   #11
sam

Default Sent you a PM

Sent you a PM about repairs. Possibly have the party that is paying for repairs pay to have the trailer transported to J&R in OHio. I would think you could raise the trailer up yourself and see if you think the life system is damaged. Keep us posted. Call Jay at Mantelli and have him look at the picture you posted on the forum. See if they can help you. That way you won't waste a trip to lockport.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:15 AM   #12

We're very good friends with the people at Mantelli's. Kim the owner is awesome, Jay in parts know his stuff and Steve in service is one of the best I've ever met. I live close and have purchased many trailerstudents there is where I'll start and go somewhere else upon their recommendation.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:27 PM   #13
sam

Default Mantelli trailer

We have known the folks you mentioned at Mantelli trailer for many years. 100%agree with your comments.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:36 PM   #14

Tom,, I was joking I wouldn't do that either. sorry to offend you if I did! not to him anyways.! lol
Old 04-07-2017, 10:21 PM   #15

Thanks for the pm. Im picking it up tomorrow morning and taking it right to Lockport so they can assess the damage and see what direction to take.
Old 04-07-2017, 10:27 PM   #16

Meastro, no offense taken. I'm going to see th he gentleman tomorrow and discuss it to decide what options there may be. I'm not out to rail him either. Let's all hope it's just superficial and cost will be minimal. I look at it this way, it was just and accident.
Old 04-07-2017, 11:00 PM   #17

right on, and they do happen!
I have had many I got let go out, of because of men like him! I meant no offense tho.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:10 AM   #18

Well the HiLo went into the collision shop yesterday. Hopefully we'll have it back in a couple of weeks.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:35 PM   #19

how is it going? tom'?
Old 04-18-2017, 05:48 PM   #20

Well, Steve at Mantelli's looked it over and the lift system was unharmed. The corner damage was confined to the lower corner of the upper section. Hidden damage consisting of the aluminum frame under the front cap. It's all repairable a the tune of $2756.00 plus some minor interior damage that Mantelli will do when it's back from the collision shop. Dayfert's Truck and Auto in Lockport is doing the repair. The come highly recommended. No luck in parts or anything from J & R.