Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 10-04-2014, 09:30 AM   #1

Default Shower issue

First time out with new to us camper. Hot water nozzle on shower is broken. How do I get the shower nozzle off so I can try to remove the rest of the hot water tap?

JTRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 12:58 PM   #2

If you mean where the hose attaches, it just unscrews from the tap. then unhook the water lines under the sink and there are 2 finger nuts around the pipes that water lines attach to. remove those and lift the faucet off the vanity.

misfit429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 06:37 AM   #3

It is the stem and bonnet assembly that broke. The threads inside the faucet broke, which caused the leak. So we essentially couldn't use the city water hook up. Not too serious for the weekend as we just used water jugs to flush the toilet. But I'm having trouble finding replacement assemblies.

I bought a replacement shower faucet in hopes of changing that out, but tehre is no access panel to the shower.The sink uses the same system, so I may have to purchase replacement faucet for the sink and use the parts from the old to fix this one.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:05 AM   #4

Can you post a photo?

2408T
2010 Nissan Frontier, 4x4, Crew Cab
Norton Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 11:32 AM   #5

One shows the stem and bonnet assemblies. One is broken at the threads. The other is the shower faucet with the handles removed. On the right is with the entire stem and bonnet removed, and on the left is what remains of the stem and bonnet before I removed it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0436[1].jpg (101.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0437[1].jpg (116.7 KB, 24 views)
Old 10-06-2014, 12:26 PM   #6

Does the base of the assembly come off? Maybe try unscrewing the threaded adapter where the shower hose attaches. This may allow you to see if the base is simply screwed on to the wall. If so, unscrew it and see if there's enough slack in the lines that you can pull the assembly off the wall. You may be able to carefully disconnect the lines and connect them to a replacement valve assembly.

2408T
2010 Nissan Frontier, 4x4, Crew Cab
Norton Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 02:18 PM   #7

Why don't you get a whole new assembly like this one: Utopia Shower Faucet / Diverters on Sale - PPL Motor Homes , then you won't have to worry about it for a long time. PPL has a number of different ones, this one looks close to yours.
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 03:29 PM   #8

I purchased a new assembly to replace it. The problem is there is no way to get the old one off because there is no hatch to get to the back of the assembly. Plus, I've tried unscrewing the shower hose connector. It does not come off. It's a fixed part. I just need two new stem and bonnet parts and I'm back in business.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:23 PM   #9

I didn't realize you had a wall mounted unit. If there is no access panel the it has to be screwed to the wall from the inside somehow. My guess would be that plastic cover just snaps onto a base plate underneath which is screwed to the wall. Try gently prying on the cover with a screwdriver or pressing in on the ends so the top and bottom bulges out and it may pop loose. They had to mount it somehow and if there are no visible screws they have to be hidden under that cover.
misfit429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 09:28 PM   #10
sam

Default shower repair

Try what Misfit said if that doesn't work than I will ask DH when he is up and not sleeping. I know DH did something with ours.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:56 AM   #11

I ordered some of the stem and bonnet assemblies online last night. I'm hoping I ordered the right ones. They certainly looked right. If not, then I'll have some assemblies to get rid of.

I hated to try to pry too hard because I don't want to break anything. If the new assemblies don't work, I'll probably exchange the shower set I bought for a lavatory sink faucet and replace that and use the parts from the old one to fix the shower.

We're taking the camper out again this weekend so I'll let you all know how it went.

Jim
Old 10-13-2014, 07:29 AM   #12

UPDATE:
I installed the stem and bonnet assemblies I ordered this weekend and everything is working fine. Now I can actually use the water in the camper.