Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 04-21-2012, 09:32 PM   #21

Well not the TV, but progress nonetheless... That's one my oldest friends in the pic... He is using a cleaner on my HiLo... I didn't think it would come out as nice as it is. The end caps are coming out almost perfect. He has to finish the back and the wheels, then he's going to start waxing it... Trust me, the pictures don't show the difference or do it justice.

His family owns a ford dealership, so he can make even the ratiest used car look nice

Even the stripes are starting to look new... except the front, it's cracked... can you still get new ones?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00200.jpg (88.9 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00201.jpg (90.5 KB, 30 views)

davidc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:09 AM   #22

Well I have my RV set up at the CG that I will be staying after my lease is up for the apt... (end of June)...

Things almost went horribly wrong with the TV... I got rear ended by a dumbass tailgater, I stopped because I had to and she was WAY WAY WAY too close. Bumper damage on the van was all.

Then on the way back from the storage place after I finished putting in the surge protector in, the fuel pump went out at a light... I managed to gimp it home, at a whopping 10MPH, glad I wasn't towing the RV at the time. It would prime and then the pump would only run about 2 seconds at a time, so it got some fuel, but not enough.

New fuel pump, filter, new plugs, wires, cap and rotor (1 wire was bad) and the TV tows the RV like I thought it should have in the first place. So between the bad wire, weak pump and the 2 horribly bad vacuum lines I found... A lot was working against me... and yes I know, shame on me, when you buy a used vehicle, the first thing you do is a tune-up and check stuff... but long work hours and too much else work against you.

But now the van runs pretty sweet and tows pretty darn good. And now the cruise works

Old 06-16-2012, 08:25 AM   #23
sam

Default TV repairs.

I know what you are going through. However you saved a lot of $ by buying a used vehicle. Sometimes the older vehicles are better than the newer ones. We have had an expensive yr. so far with 97 F250 truck repairs. The last one was the oil pressure switch. I hope we are done for the rest of the year!! On average you could sock away $100.00 a month for repairs/parts.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:36 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam View Post
I know what you are going through. However you saved a lot of $ by buying a used vehicle. Sometimes the older vehicles are better than the newer ones. We have had an expensive yr. so far with 97 F250 truck repairs. The last one was the oil pressure switch. I hope we are done for the rest of the year!! On average you could sock away $100.00 a month for repairs/parts.
I plan on saving $400 + per month on top of what I was already saving by not paying $715 a month for an apt I'm not in 13 hrs out of the day... not to mention I now live 6 miles away from work instead of 18...
Old 06-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #25
sam

Default Exterior detailing.

Your friend sure has got your RV looking shiny/new. I also wonder if new decals are available as I have a big one on the side that is ripped/coming off. I even taped off the Plastic trim around the glass door and sprayed the brown with some plastic paint that has some brown sparkles in it. The krylon paint really spattered. Had to tape off a huge area. Won't use this brand of paint again. It looks sharp. It is amazing how good something can look with a little TLC.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote