Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Community Forums > General Hi-Lo camper discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 06-05-2018, 07:16 AM   #321

good idea! I think I'll turn my shower into a bar.

Yerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 06:58 PM   #322

Hi all! I have the 1995 Towlite and this is what I did for my bike rack. Any feedback? I bought an 18” hitch extender for 1 1/4” hitch then made a hole on the support frame (hollow C frame, not the main frame) and bolted it then made 2 holes more in the back and bolted it out to the floor like a U-Bolt. And used the tire bolts to the 4x4 bumper.
I think it’s strong enough to hold the rack and 2 bikes.
Any thoughts?

I’m trying to figure out how to attach pics.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

ramada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 01:44 AM   #323

This weekend we put on new tires and wheel covers and my husband modified one of storage areas to hold the jack. I didn’t actually see what he did because I was busy measuring (it’s still new to us) the windows. I have some blackout panels coming that I’m going to mod into custom curtains. I’m going to repurpose the rods that are already mounted for valances to accommodate the curtains. We popped out all the blank cabinet panels and plan to retrofit sliding doors instead. I also rounded up a few kitchen items that we can sacrifice to the camper. Still working on a deal for the truck to pull it so we can actually take it out.
Ultconsumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:45 AM   #324

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultconsumer View Post
This weekend we put on new tires and wheel covers and my husband modified one of storage areas to hold the jack. I didn’t actually see what he did because I was busy measuring (it’s still new to us) the windows. I have some blackout panels coming that I’m going to mod into custom curtains. I’m going to repurpose the rods that are already mounted for valances to accommodate the curtains. We popped out all the blank cabinet panels and plan to retrofit sliding doors instead. I also rounded up a few kitchen items that we can sacrifice to the camper. Still working on a deal for the truck to pull it so we can actually take it out.
Hope all your mods turn out as planned. If you have time share some pictures of your progress or when completed>
1999 21T Tow Lite
Garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 12:55 AM   #325

Finally got to work on our hilo today. I did some more measuring for curtains and took down the extra hardware. We added some translucent plastic panels that will act as sliding doors in the upper cabinets. We just need to add handles.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:04 PM   #326
sam

Default Nice sliding cupboard doors.

I would suggest keeping the original doors for resale. I picked up some of my kitchen gadgets at the dollar store. Garage and yard sales also work. I don't have to take anything kitchen out of the house.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:10 PM   #327

There weren’t actually doors, they were just blank panels that were glued and stapled in place. The sliding doors are to make the space accessible so there aren’t so many dark abysses for stuff to get lost in.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:37 PM   #328

Pulled her out of the shop, put the AC cowling back on. Inside the shop, she was short an inch or two from fully raised. Now that she is outside, we can open her fully, finish up windows and a long list of not so tiny details. Cleaned up our work area in the shop to return it to normal. DH is happy to have his shop back.

Eastern Kansas
TheWebbs is offline   Reply With Quote