Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Hi-Lo camper discussion The perfect place to discuss your Hi-Lo camper

Old 09-12-2014, 12:52 PM   #1

Default Wheel and Tire question

I just bought a 2007 Hi-lo 25C. Does anyone know what size tire and what wheel bolt pattern should be on it?

jkimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:22 PM   #2

Tire size should be on a label on the front street-side corner of the trailer. Can't help you on the lug pattern.

Bob

retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 10:00 AM   #3
Site Team

I'm pretty sure all the trailers that year were 15", 5 lug wheels. What's on it right now?

- Jack
Old 09-13-2014, 01:45 PM   #4

Jkimman, we have a 2509C Classic purchased new from the factory in November 2009. So, your Hi-Lo and our Hi-Lo are only two years apart with same floor plan and approximately the same weight specifications. Our Hi-Lo has a 5-bolt tire pattern and came from the factory with 15-inch C-load tires. About three years after the Hi-Lo purchase, we replaced those tires with D-load Carlisle ST tires, 205/75R15 with a maximum load of 2150 lbs. at 65 psi. It is now two years later and have had great results with these new tires.

Dee
Summerville, SC
Dee Tillotson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 02:12 PM   #5

P.S. You probably already know this. But I'll say this anyway. If you are considering new tires and you see a good sale going on, be cautious. I reminded my husband when he went to purchase and have installed new tires for the Hi-Lo that he needed to physically check the numbers on each tire to determine if they were less than six months old from date of manufacture. These sales are sometime for the purpose of pushing old tires to get them out of inventory. As you probably know, the sun and other environmental factors erode tires even when they are just sitting around in inventory. That is why we invested in some tire covers when the Hi-Lo is sitting in one place for longer than a week. We use the covers even when we have the Hi-Lo stored under the carport on the side of our house.

Dee
Old 09-13-2014, 02:37 PM   #6
sam

Default Tire purchase

Be sure to have your tires balanced before installation. We had this done at Dunn tire. It was part of the package deal.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:28 PM   #7

Sam, X2.

Dee
Old 09-14-2014, 10:13 AM   #8

Be aware that if you are having to replace a wheel or brake drum there are at least 2 different sizes of the 5 bolt pattern of Dexter wheels and drums. I just had to replace a drum and found out about the above info. I called Dexter and they emailed a spec sheet that showed how to ID the correct Brake drum to order.
2017 Silvarado, crew cab 1500 6.2L gas w/ 8 speed tranny
central VA
JIM L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 02:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM L View Post
Be aware that if you are having to replace a wheel or brake drum there are at least 2 different sizes of the 5 bolt pattern of Dexter wheels and drums. I just had to replace a drum and found out about the above info. I called Dexter and they emailed a spec sheet that showed how to ID the correct Brake drum to order.
Hi Jim,
Do you think you could post the spec sheet in the Resource Library?

Thanks,
Luckydog671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 07:31 PM   #10

Default Thank you

Thanks for all the replies and information. I was wondering weather to go with C or D rated tires. I believe I will go with the D rated and the extra weight carrying capacity.
jkimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:23 PM   #11

Jim, thanks for that information. I'll relay the information to Beach since he does't seem to log on to the computer much anymore. Hope you can post that spec sheet to the forum library. We all have to passionately love this RV hobby of ours since we keep throwing money into this big black hole to keep it going. But when speaking with the doc down the street from us, Stan says he also throws money into that big black hole for his sailboat because he loves it so much. Say hello to Faye for me.

Dee
Summerville, SC