Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > Towing, Hitching and Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Towing, Hitching and Tow Vehicles Discussions about tow vehicles, tow systems, hitching, leveling, jacks and more.

Old 07-11-2014, 07:27 PM   #1

Default Got the F150 reshod!

Put Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus on the King Ranch. They had them on special. You actually get $120 back in prepaid credit card with the purchase which places the actual cost at $650. I did a lot of google research and read a lot of reviews by people who have run these tires for several years. I just could not bring myself to spend $1200 to put Michelins back on. On down the road, I will let you know if this was a wise choice or not.

2006 King Ranch Ford F150
5.4 V-8
byrdmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:32 PM   #2

Great choice, I installed Cooper AT-3 discovery tires on my toyota truck. Great tire for the price. No more tire spin from a dead stop when towing the trailer, unlike with the michelin tires. They have excellent grip on dry and wet roads.

w/ 98 chevy Powervision towing mirrors
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 v8 (replaces Toyota)
2 Hobie mirage pedal drive kayaks
campthewestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 04:10 PM   #3
Site Team

Wayne, I'll certainly be interested in how the Coopers work out for you, since we almost have the same truck.

I can honestly say I'm very happy with the load rated E LT Michelins I put on mine, but I certainly paid about twice what you paid for yours. In the past, I avoided Michelins because I thought you paid for the name. This time I liked the 70,000 mile wear spec and the load rating so much that I disregarded that rule.

- Jack
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:42 PM   #4

Default Cooper AT-3

I've been running the Cooper AT-3 LT on my Fronteer for four years and have logged 55,000 miles on them with probably 25,000+ left on the tread. IMHO they are the best all weather tire available ... the OEM BF Goodrich Grabbers barely lasted 35,000.

2007-22T TowLite 50th Anniversary
2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4X4 Crew Cab, Snug Top
NDgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:59 PM   #5
sam

Default Replacing truck tires

Every two years we have to replace our f250 tires. Two sets ago we had cooper tires on and one of them got a slit by the side wall that was unrepairable. The thing is Cooper frequently changes styles/patterns of tires. We were forced to change out all the tires before two yrs. I will never give Cooper any of my money again. It might be worth purchasing a spare tire while you can get a match. Just priced out tires as we will need tires before our NYS insp. in SEPT. a SET COSTS ABOUT $650.00. then we need the bigger alignment with shims. Our speciality shop was able to find our antifreeze leak in one of the hoses. We should be good to go for the upcoming camping season.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote