Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Towing, Hitching and Tow Vehicles Discussions about tow vehicles, tow systems, hitching, leveling, jacks and more.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #21

I've used these mirrors for many years, on three different tow vehicles: CURT Manufacturing - CURT Extended View Tow Mirror #20002 | CURT Manufacturing.

They attach to the existing mirror housing using elastic rubber straps. They are easy to attach and remove, and will work on a variety of vehicles. They do vibrate a bit but that doesn't bother me; I can see enough to make safe lane changes.

2408T
2010 Nissan Frontier, 4x4, Crew Cab
Norton Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:10 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaP View Post
Just wondering if anyone out there has any experience with these CIPA tow mirrors. They seem to be rated pretty good from the Amazon reviews, with the exception of a couple bad ones. Thinking for the price that they might be satisfactory. Here's the link

Amazon.com: CIPA 11300 Toyota Tundra Custom Towing Mirrors - Sold as Pair: Automotive

Thanks for responses,

TV = 2008 tundra crewmax
TT= 29B Hilo
I recently bought a couple of these mirrors for the Tahoe. They are sold individually at Camping World. My initial impressions are that the left mirror works pretty good. The right mirror, however, is pretty much useless, IMO. I'm thinking about taking it back and looking for something else for the right side. Or perhaps return them both and find a whole new pair that works better.

Luckydog671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:02 PM   #23

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckydog671 View Post
I recently bought a couple of these mirrors for the Tahoe. They are sold individually at Camping World. My initial impressions are that the left mirror works pretty good. The right mirror, however, is pretty much useless, IMO. I'm thinking about taking it back and looking for something else for the right side. Or perhaps return them both and find a whole new pair that works better.
Same ones I use. You are right about the R/H side but other that going with tow package mirrors, I think these are about the best you're gonna get.
RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:23 PM   #24
Site Team

I have the same opinion of the CIPA mirrors, which I use on my F150. The left side is excellent. I adjust the standard truck mirror to see as far out to the side as possible (I have to lean over to the window to see the side of my truck) and then the CIPA mirror is adjusted to see back around behind the trailer. I can really see most everything this way.

I adjust the right side the same way, but the right hand CIPA mirror is too far away from me to provide a really good view of the area behind the right side of the trailer.

But, they attach very securely to the truck's mirrors and don't vibrate much at all. They are easy to install and remove.

I used a brand that strapped to the truck's doors when I had a Nissan Frontier. They worked well too, but they were a lot of trouble to mount. I also applied clear plastic tape to the door surface to protect the paint when I used them. I also worried about the straps stretching if they got wet during rains, but that never seemed to be a problem (didn't really drive through too many rain storms though).

- Jack
Old 06-04-2014, 06:21 PM   #25

Quote:
This is what I put on toyota tacoma, of course they dont make them for toyota but I modified a set for a chevy to fit my truck.I dont think anyone has done this.With custom mounting and custom wiring to my stock electric mirror switch. Power Vision Mirrors | The Ultimate Towing Mirror
w/ 98 chevy Powervision towing mirrors
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 v8 (replaces Toyota)
2 Hobie mirage pedal drive kayaks
campthewestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:54 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by campthewestcoast View Post
This is what I put on toyota tacoma, of course they dont make them for toyota but I modified a set for a chevy to fit my truck.I dont think anyone has done this.With custom mounting and custom wiring to my stock electric mirror switch. Power Vision Mirrors | The Ultimate Towing Mirror
Nice mirrors, Les, but unfortunately out of my price range.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:45 PM   #27

Quote:
Nice mirrors, Les, but unfortunately out of my price range.
You might be able to find a used pair on craigslist, auto parts/towing mirrors
I got mine by trading some work, a friend had a pair sitting on a shelf from his old truck
w/ 98 chevy Powervision towing mirrors
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 v8 (replaces Toyota)
2 Hobie mirage pedal drive kayaks
campthewestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:16 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by campthewestcoast View Post
You might be able to find a used pair on craigslist, auto parts/towing mirrors
I got mine by trading some work, a friend had a pair sitting on a shelf from his old truck
Good idea!
Thanks,