Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Community Forums > Hi-Lo Photo Album
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Hi-Lo Photo Album Post your Hi-Lo pictures here.. Show us what ya got or seen, we love looking at them!

Old 08-19-2014, 06:47 PM   #21

Do I win a prize? LOL

misfit429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:41 AM   #22

wow you did an amazing job, I have one that there is a question as to its original age but somewhere between 63 and 67 I got it in my divorce simply because the ex husband didnt care about it and got it super cheap and it just sat forever in his back yard until recently when I finally had my son bring it to me. its going to need quite a bit of work, lots of water damage on the walls from leaking windows and seals and to be honest im feeling a bit intimidated right now by it, I see that you were able to pull the top and bottom apart was that so you could replace the seals or so you could gain better access to the walls ? I dont have anywhere to put it out of the weather to work on it so I'm also wondering how long it took to do that portion before you could put it back together? and how did you manage lifting it off ? I am quite handy and mechanically inclined for the most part but have never tackled anything like this and after seeing some of the restoration photos on here I'm starting to panic, Ive had that old girl for a long time and lost her for a while during the divorce and now I have her back and I so want to restore her and make her usable again within reason of course we arnt rich but we do have time thoughts? suggestions? much appreciated

moonshotacres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 01:48 PM   #23
Site Team

Smile

Truly an amazing transformation for a 50yr+ old unit!!! Hope it lasts another 50+ years!

Treeclimber
Bonita Springs, Fl. &
Andrews, NC
Treeclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 10:19 PM   #24

Moonshot,
It took about 2 months, we did it pretty cheap. It had been gutted on the inside and had some water damage to upper on bottom edge, only had to replace board under front window. We only put about $600 into it and only paid $200 for the camper.
prowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 08:05 AM   #25

prowen: wow only $600 thats awesome, of course you cant really give a dollar value to the work as its obvious it took a lot of time and effort. I'm still slowly working on what I can, I got some sealant and put that on but had to put her away for a while due to our extreme heat around here Im hoping to get back to work on her in Sept when the weather is more tolerable. Thanks for the reply I hope you were able to take yours out this year and ejoy all that hard work
moonshotacres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 08:39 AM   #26

Sorry for such a late response, not on here much as you can tell. I cranked it up as far as I could and with a little muscle we picked up top high enough to place 2X4 across corners to support top. Lucky enough we didn't have to pull back much of the skin, just in the front.

prowen is offline   Reply With Quote