Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Hi-Lo Photo Album Post your Hi-Lo pictures here.. Show us what ya got or seen, we love looking at them!

Old 07-18-2012, 04:41 PM   #1

Default 1971 15'

looking at buying a 15' hi-lo from a guy. the pictures show it has tandem axle, is this rare for a 15 footer? where can i get info on this thing?.....I'm hoping he has an owner's manual. my wife has seen hi-lo's in campground at the beach while in our '75 Airstream and now we're looking at a second to use in the mountains of nc. figured an older hi-lo would be neat, if done right. what kind of inherent problems does the 1971 model have?

vintagervr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #2
Site Team

That's interesting. The recent HiLo's use a single axle for everything up to and including 19 feet lengths. I imagine the tandem axle version of a 15 footer would have fairly small wheels and tires. They may tend to run hot due to the higher rotation speeds, and they'd probably be Load Range B rated.

Other than that, I cannot think of any problems that would be specific to a 15 foot model. There are a couple of posts in this forum though that give a checklist of things to look for when buying a used trailer. The biggie is water damage.

- Jack

Old 07-23-2012, 07:24 AM   #3

Default 1971 14 footer

Hi Vintagervr,

Looks like we are int he same boat, I picked up a 1971, 14 footer on Sunday, and now I am trying to figure out what I might have gotten myself into.

Anyways, I do have the owners manual for my unit, I can scan it and send it along to you if you'd like. My is a single axle model, but otherwise they have to be pretty similar.

MrC

1971 14' HiLo restore project
Call Sign KB1PMW
MrCoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:06 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to PopRichie77

Please scan the manual and convert it to PDF and post it in the Reference Library for others that may need it.
(2209T) - 2009 22' TowLite
(2510 ) - 2010 25'
PopRichie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:31 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopRichie77 View Post
Please scan the manual and convert it to PDF and post it in the Reference Library for others that may need it.
Will do, ment to bring it with me to work to scan it in, but forgot (hey, I was decaffeinated at 4:30am, what can I say?)

Will do so tomorrow, and post it up

Call Sign KB1PMW
Old 07-24-2012, 09:21 AM   #6

Manual Posted in the correct forum

Call Sign KB1PMW