Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Hi-Lo Photo Album Post your Hi-Lo pictures here.. Show us what ya got or seen, we love looking at them!

Old 12-31-2010, 09:57 PM   #1

Default 1987 HI-LO Funchaser

This is our 3rd HI-LO. We started with a 1974 that we took all over the place including on our honeymoon to Cherokee N.C. Then we bought the 1977 and were in the process of repairing some slight problems when we ended up with the 1987. As a testament to the old HI-LO trailers the 74 was totaled when someone backed into it out in the driveway The insurance company paid me for it then sold it back to me for 500.00. This was about 2 Months before we went to Myrtle Beach S.C . When we came back from the trip we sold it and 1 week later it went on a 2100 mile trip with the new owner, he said all he did was pack the bearings and give it a good once over. I will try to find some pictures of the other trailers and post them if I can.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NOVEMBER 2010 163-2.jpg (80.9 KB, 407 views)
File Type: jpg NOVEMBER 2010 152-2.jpg (52.4 KB, 394 views)
File Type: jpg NOVEMBER 2010 158-2.jpg (73.3 KB, 396 views)

BobbynVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:02 PM   #2

Hi Bobby

Great looking rig for a 1987 model... very clean! Where were you camped?

Jim

2015 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
JMDoering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:56 PM   #3

Hi Cowan Lake in Wilmington Ohio. I was going to do some work on it the other day and got caught in the ice storms here in Ohio. Hi-lo campers are not only great TT but double as limb catchers also.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tammies b-day 004.jpg (94.0 KB, 106 views)
BobbynVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:14 PM   #4

Bobby,

Hope that limb didn't cause any permanent damage.

Jim
2015 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
JMDoering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:04 PM   #5

Default 1987 FunChaser - Me Too!!!!

Hi! I just purchased the 87 FunChaser - but looking at your pictures, I can confirm my thoughts that someone had tried to "renovate" the one I have. Too bad they didn't have the skills needed...it needs lots of work. The floorplan is different on mine. The couch is in the front and has a bunk that lets down above it. The dinette is where your couch is. I am in the process of renovating it (the right way, I hope). It'll take some time, but it's functional just like it is for quick weekend trips while I'm upgrading a little at a time. This being my first "RV", I have so many questions - maybe you can help? Like, what is that exhaust-looking fan thingy (I know...technical terms...lol) in the shower area? It doesn't work, nor does the light right now, but I was just wondering....

Happy trails!
P.
weldonp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:42 PM   #6
sam

Default What is that thing above in the shower?

I don't have a picture to look at. My guess is that it is an exhaust fan light for the Br. Post a picture if you can. The exhaust fan motor was $30.00 several years ago. Our Rv dealer gave it to us under warranty. I have a 90 25ft. Classic HiLo. Welcome to the forum. We love to help and will answer all your questions. Whate state are you in ? County.? Sam
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:36 PM   #7

Check for voltage at the fan and light. There have been many quotes on the forum about loose or corroded connections and bad grounds.
2017 Silvarado, crew cab 1500 6.2L gas w/ 8 speed tranny
central VA
JIM L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:02 PM   #8

Default sounds like my 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by weldonp View Post
Hi! I just purchased the 87 FunChaser - but looking at your pictures, I can confirm my thoughts that someone had tried to "renovate" the one I have. Too bad they didn't have the skills needed...it needs lots of work. The floorplan is different on mine. The couch is in the front and has a bunk that lets down above it. The dinette is where your couch is. I am in the process of renovating it (the right way, I hope). It'll take some time, but it's functional just like it is for quick weekend trips while I'm upgrading a little at a time. This being my first "RV", I have so many questions - maybe you can help? Like, what is that exhaust-looking fan thingy (I know...technical terms...lol) in the shower area? It doesn't work, nor does the light right now, but I was just wondering....

Happy trails!
P.
my 86 is the way u describe yours. couch front directly across from the door is the fridge, table on the door side and sink across. bath in back. sound like your? the fan in the shower area is an exhaust fan. I took mine apart, cleaned it and put it back together.. and it worked.. I have a lot of wood work to do on mine. I'm retired and loads of time to work on it. Hope this helps you. Larry
larry colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam View Post
I don't have a picture to look at. My guess is that it is an exhaust fan light for the Br. Post a picture if you can. The exhaust fan motor was $30.00 several years ago. Our Rv dealer gave it to us under warranty. I have a 90 25ft. Classic HiLo. Welcome to the forum. We love to help and will answer all your questions. Whate state are you in ? County.? Sam
I am in Alabama - but the house is up for sale and Florida is in our future. It's just me and my daughter and I am in the process of um...updating (I wouldn't exactly call it renovating) my FunChaser. All I have left is a couple of nit picks and new flooring and I'll be ready to post before and after pictures.

So far, the only issues I have are a few interior lights that don't work (and the exhaust fan) and I am also having issues with the awning. I can get it to pull out; I attach the supports; it's great shade...that is, until the wind blows. I haven't crawled up there yet, but I am sure there is supposed to be some type of mechanism that keeps the awning from retracting on its own. The hasps were replaced at one time and the ones that are there now are rusted, so I'm pretty sure it's been re-engineered. Know anything that could help me?

Happy Trails!
Pame

weldonp is offline   Reply With Quote