Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Community Forums > Hi-Lo Photo Album
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Hi-Lo Photo Album Post your Hi-Lo pictures here.. Show us what ya got or seen, we love looking at them!

Old 09-25-2016, 06:47 PM   #1

Default Bent Ram - Giant Boom !

Not my trailer but, I looked at it to buy it to camp in. The person selling a Hi-Lo Towlite 21D used cable clamps to tie a broken lifting cable together (rigged it) so he could sell it to previous buyer. When asked why top was not level and at a large angle the wife of the seller said, "We had it sold to a buyer for $2.500 but, when the buyer raised the top up, a big bang happen and the back part fell. Its just a cable that is bad". I showed this lady, "Its not just a cable !!! - its a $600 Ram & $300 cable set !!!"

When buying any type of pop-up trailer it pays to look at all the lifting equipment, cables, mechanisms, etc.

Needless to say We DID NOT buy this lemon. Did have a very cold A/C unit @ 40 degree slant

quartzsite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 08:14 AM   #2
Site Team

quartz, your right, complete new cylinder, not just the piston (I would not trust the cylinder housing), new guide rod, and as you said a new set of cables. If someone had the time, (and $$$) and suitable garage, it can be saved. Great winter project! If they lowered the price to about $1,000, and all else works. I now have two Hi Lo repairs coming in this winter from folks from the north, (they need fast repairs, of course). They use their units at Fl. State Parks in the winter. Tempting, but I'll pass. Thanks for the pics.
Tree

Bonita Springs, Fl. &
Andrews, NC
Treeclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 10:31 PM   #3

The seller wanted $1,350 for a 1998 year 21' Hi Lo Towlite and would not drop price. A/C very good. Fridge not working on electric. Inside and pump in good condition other than that ram / cables / plastic pulleys. I don't have a place to work on it and I agree, $1,000 would of been max price as-is. Still looking for a Hi Lo
quartzsite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 10:11 AM   #4

I just bought this for $150.00 !!!!
Xburp is offline   Reply With Quote