Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Hi-Lo Photo Album Post your Hi-Lo pictures here.. Show us what ya got or seen, we love looking at them!

Old 08-22-2011, 05:40 PM   #1

Default Our New '89 HiLo Voyager

Hubby and I bought a 25 ft. 1989 Voyager this past week. We weren't looking to buy anything, but we saw the price in the window and stopped to take a look. I knew it was going cheap because something was wrong with it. Hubby seemed interested and we bought it even with it smelling like mildew.

The inside looks ok, only 1 wall needs replaced. The a/c works, but we haven't checked anything else. I'm going to hook a propane tank up to see if the stove works. Fridge doesn't seem to work, but we haven't really looked at it too much.

We are basically going to park this thing near our pool and use it for guests.

Other than the wall, and maybe the fridge, is there some big thing that I'm overlooking that would make this thing go for $850 and not worth fixing?

Here are some pics.

brainfogbetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:42 PM   #2

And the wall that I started taking down. I took down all of the fabric wall around the bed and bath.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:42 AM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES
Default Some things to look for.

This was taken from NDgent's post here on the forum. It is a great go-by list. You can do a search of "thinking about buying" and find the post to read it first hand.

Basically, start with the visual items –
1. Exterior
• Look for water stains and discoloration on inside walls and around ceiling anywhere vents, skylights, windows, etc. exist.
• Push and prod with your hand on the inside walls for soft spots (which could indicate a water leak and a damaged or rotten interior wall).
• Check for bubbles in the wallpaper (a sign of delimitation or water intrusion)
2. Interior cleanliness of the unit-
• Look for water stains and discoloration on inside walls and around ceiling anywhere vents, skylights, windows, etc. exist.
• Push and prod with your hand on the inside walls for soft spots (which could indicate a water leak and a damaged or rotten interior wall).
• Check for bubbles in the wallpaper (a sign of delimitation or water intrusion)
3. Test appliance functions –
• lights
• fans
• refrigerator
• air conditioner
• heater
• water pump
• range hood
• stovetop
• oven (if equipped)
• microwave (if equipped)
• stereo (if equipped)
4. Lift System-
• Does the unit raise and lower properly
• Check the lift system for hydraulic leaks (puddle under the trailer)
• Check the lift cables to see if they are in good shape and not frayed
• Check the seal between the upper and lower body halves for tears or damage
5. fill the tanks to the top and check for leaks
6. Battery
7. Solar Panel (if equipped)
RCREYES is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:14 AM   #4

Smile 1989 voyage

Just looked at your pictures and almost identicle to the one i just bought,,,,do you have owner"s manual or paper work as i am looking for all paper work on 1989 bon voyage,,,,,thx Dennis
dsjata51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:35 PM   #5

Dennis,

I have all the paperwork that came with this. There's alot of it. Are you just looking for the owners manual for the Voyager or for something else?

I can scan whatever you need. I had hoped to scan all the paperwork eventually, but really there's so much of it, that it would take me several hours to scan it all.

Let me know.

B.
Old 08-26-2022, 09:59 PM   #6

Would love to see all the paperwork you have in it
Protector1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 12:53 AM   #7

Default B rainfogBetty Welcome to the forum.

When you have a older HiLo you must take out all the windows and realign with butyl tape. You Tube has a video on how to do this. It is a two person job. I had a 1990 25ft. Classic HiLo that we had to rebuild the walls due to water damage. No one told us to take the windows out. Use Lexel caulk on the exterior window. Go over every inch of the exterior caulk.Next get up on the roof check all caulking. Chances are the roof needs to be recoated. We are here to guide you and answer any questions you may have. Many on the forum have done extensive rebuilds/upgrades and repairs. Where are you located.?
Usagi5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 12:56 AM   #8

Default Didn't realize her posts are from 2011.

My brain is tired at 2AM.

Usagi5678 is offline   Reply With Quote